Honored Contributor

Re: As Women We Don't Have Time?

@Gram W  So true. Good for you for taking care of your skin. It does reward you w/ the ability to wear less makeup....Good skin means there's less to cover up!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden. Maybe her complexion would be in better condition if she'd wear less makeup & let skin "breathe".  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  

I found doing makeup very fulfillling. It did make me feel artistic!

One time I did a makeover on a woman who had been abused by her husband.  She had just divorced him.  Her brother brought her in for a complete makeover. You could tell her self esteem was completely depleted.  How wonderful it felt to see her face light up and the difference it made in her whole demeanor when she saw herself with a little makeup.  I thought to myself, "What a wonderful, insightful, and thoughtful brother she had".  She walked out the door with a smile on her face and a lighter air in her step. That made me so happy.  Not to mention her brother bought almost everything I put on her face!  What a guy! He was very careful to let HER do the picking....something I suspect she hadn't done for herself in a long time.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant  I'm a member of your fan club! What a beautiful & obviously memorable thing you did for that woman. I'm sure she remembers it as well.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jubilant  I'm a member of your fan club! What a beautiful & obviously memorable thing you did for that woman. I'm sure she remembers it as well.

*********  Thank you for your kind words, Shanus.  I really feel all the credit goes to her brother.  He must love her very much.  I think he bought about $300.00 dollars worth of makeup....and that was back in the mid-90's.  It was just the sweetest thing for a brother to do.  I don't know who was smiling more when they left.....the sister or the brother.  I found it so touching.  In that whole hour I spent with her no one else came into the store. That didn't happen very often. It was just meant to be I think.