Valued Contributor

Re: Artis brush alternative - Missha

I have the artis and the cailyn o wow (plus another supposed dupe from China en route). I prefer the artis - it seems to glide over my face better, is denser and the coverage/finish is better. Also, the cailyn soaks up more liquid than the artis.  But really, I'm splitting hairs - the cailyn is pretty darn good, and I'll definitely use it for travel. Both are similar in size, and work well for powder and liquid foundation, applying concealer, blush, bronzer.  I also like it for finishing powder (use a light hand).  It also works well for sweeping shadow all over the lid.  That size is a true workhorse. 

Frequent Contributor

I have the super inexpensive $3.10 version coming, looks to either be a Cailyn knock-off or a Cailyn that's coming from the factory.   I have gotten a few "name" brushes that were not listed as such, I think perhaps workers at the factory are allowed to buy seconds or buy the brushes at the factory price and then they re-sell them. We'll see.  I mostly got it to see if I will even like using a brush at that angle, so even if the brush isn't so good I can see if I can deal with the angle.  It will be awhile before it gets here, at least 3 weeks.

CeeCee

Valued Contributor

@CeeCee wrote:

I have the super inexpensive $3.10 version coming, looks to either be a Cailyn knock-off or a Cailyn that's coming from the factory.   I have gotten a few "name" brushes that were not listed as such, I think perhaps workers at the factory are allowed to buy seconds or buy the brushes at the factory price and then they re-sell them. We'll see.  I mostly got it to see if I will even like using a brush at that angle, so even if the brush isn't so good I can see if I can deal with the angle.  It will be awhile before it gets here, at least 3 weeks.

CeeCee

Did you get yours from eBay?  That's where I ordered my Chinese "dupe" - still in transit and it's been three weeks....

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fluke67, yes I got both the one I mentioned here and another one I found yesterday on eBay.  The other one I found was about $1.70.  Both had free shipping, and are alledgedly located in Hong Kong and that is usually about 2 weeks to get to me.  Unfortunately, many sellers say they are in Hong Kong, but they really are in TheMiddleofNowhere, China.  I am in Canada and that also can hold things up more with Customs.  We'll see how long it takes.  For $5 perhaps I will be able to find a reasonable alternative.

I think these brushes might a fad.  I don't see how they would be any different than putting a rubber band around a flat top brush, at least for the face brushes.  I have beau coup eye brushes and I'm not interested in changing those.  But to each their own, as many ladies are saying they are working fabulously for them.  It made me curious enough to want to try.

CeeCee