Respected Contributor

Artis brush alternative - Missha

I was reading a blog today, and there was a review for an oval shaped brush, similar to the Artis brush, that Missha has put out. It isn't on the Missha site yet, but can be purchased on eBay, from sellers in Korea. It's about $13, and I figured for that much, I'd give it a whirl. I would like to try the Artis, but I've read mixed reviews, and honestly don't want to spend that much. Plus, I already have a TON of brushes, and several I really love (shout out to @suzyQ3 for the heads up on Sedona Lace brushes - I have so many of those I adore now!). The blog was Musings of a Muse, in case anyone wanted to know. No affiliation with the blog, or any other brands. Just saw it and thought I'd mention it here as an alternative, as I know many people own and love, or are interesting in trying out a different brush concept. 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Artis brush alternative - Missha

I read this today as well. I have the Cailyn dupe and LOVE it. The Cailyn dupe looks like the Missha brush, except for the handle. This is the densest brush that I have and gives my makeup an even finish. I love this brush so much that I want back ups. Instead, I will be purchasing the Etude dupe.
Honored Contributor

Thanks @FUTURE! That price is MUCH more reasonable. I don't mind spending money on good quality items but I figured there certainly was no reason to pay that kind of money for a brush. As always, good to "see" you around and great tip!

Respected Contributor

I actually looked at that brush, but then forgot about it. Lol! After I saw the blog post, I just figured I'd snag the Missha one for $13! Glad you're enjoying your new brush!!

Honored Contributor

I checked out both the Missha and the Cailyn O Wow brushes. They look good, but they seem to be rather small for applying foundation. Am I wrong?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I checked out both the Missha and the Cailyn O Wow brushes. They look good, but they seem to be rather small for applying foundation. Am I wrong?

I saw a video review on YT of the Missha, and it looks like a good size, at least to me. I actually prefer a foundation brush to not be too big, and I would call this small-medium sized. I think it is sized that way to be able to work around your nose, under eyes, etc. I'll let you guys know what I think once I get it in. But it's coming from Korea, so that might be a month or two. LOL!

Respected Contributor

I'm totally ordering it off of eBay.
Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I saw a video review on YT of the Missha, and it looks like a good size, at least to me. I actually prefer a foundation brush to not be too big, and I would call this small-medium sized. I think it is sized that way to be able to work around your nose, under eyes, etc. I'll let you guys know what I think once I get it in. But it's coming from Korea, so that might be a month or two. LOL!

I think the Missha looked a tad bigger than the Cailyn O Wow, but hard to tell. Please let us know in a month or so. Smiley LOL

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I used the Cailyn O Wow Brush today to apply a pressed powder foundation from Miliani. When I first used the foundation it was very sheer coverage using the enclosed sponge applicator. Today, I used the Cailyn brush to apply it and found it to be moderate to full coverage and blended in much better with just a few swipes of the brush on my face. It makes a huge difference in how much product you use and how much coverage and pore coverage you get. It is so worth it. I have two and will order one of the Missha ones from ebay to add to my collection for a brush for blush, one for powders and one for liquid foundations/creams.
Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I think the Missha looked a tad bigger than the Cailyn O Wow, but hard to tell. Please let us know in a month or so. Smiley LOL

The Cailyn brush is just the right size for foundations and powders even under the eyes and the corners and the nose.  It really is the perfect size!