Respected Contributor

My 2 cents, SO not worth it.  What I absolutely love was a cheaper battery operated brush which HSN sold out of.  But there's Michael Todd's version.  OMG- this brush makes all the difference in the world for virtually undetectable application.

I was a total skeptic, and now wouldn't trade this gem for anything.  It buffs into the skin evenly.  It looks like airbrushed skin, I swear.  I do have a Michael Todd brush to try, but I'm so happy with the cheaper version I haven't taken it out of the package.

If you'd like for me to review the MT version, just holler!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Funloving- Do you know the name of the 'cheap' battery-operated brush?  Maybe I could find it on eBay.   I've seen both the Doll 10 and Michael Todd versions presented in the past.  I'm always curious about these gadgets, but never actually buy them. 

I found the Real Techniques brushes online and some look identical to Artis.  Again, I'm not going to spend big bucks on Artis, but might try a dupe.

Good morning everyone!  Happy Saturday.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

About the Michael Todd Sonicblend makeup brush...I have it and have come to the realization that it is not something I would recommend using to apply powder foundations. The heads are very small and take forever to get a full face on. The results I got are pretty much the same as when I use a regular brush. Maybe this MT brush was meant to be used with liquid and cream foundations. There are a ton of top-rated reviews for. See for yourself and then decide.

Respected Contributor

tototwo wrote:

@Funloving- Do you know the name of the 'cheap' battery-operated brush?  Maybe I could find it on eBay.   I've seen both the Doll 10 and Michael Todd versions presented in the past.  I'm always curious about these gadgets, but never actually buy them. 

I found the Real Techniques brushes online and some look identical to Artis.  Again, I'm not going to spend big bucks on Artis, but might try a dupe.

Good morning everyone!  Happy Saturday.

Hi @tototwo!

It's nice talking to you again.

I don't think we'll have a problem finding it on sale somewhere.  I didn't realize but it's a "As Seen On TV" Airtouch Rotating Makeup Brush with 2 Brush heads.  The "As Seen On" version however comes with foundation it appears.

No thanks. I'll pass on their foundation.

I don't mind if you do a best offer on the lowest price I could find on eBay. I have one and couldn't be happier.  I love it so much I'd also like a back up but these things are listed all the time.  There are 4 listings on the Bay and the lowest price, the one I made a best offer on is asking $34.99 PLUS 7.99 shipping.  Too high for me since I am content with the one I own.  It's especially good for liquid foundation but works for solid powder, too.  I'd think it be a mess to use loose powder but you can.  You place it on your face somehow first.  And the other head is made specifically for powder.  I've only used the flat wide head brush with liquid and creme foundation.  It's the bomb.

Good luck if you bid on it.  The shipping is too pricey for me to make a good offer.

Airtouch Rotating Makeup Brush with 2 Brush Heads

Respected Contributor

P.S. @tototwo

IF you'd like to read reviews on it, the item number is 541-223.  I was a total

skeptic and expected to send it back.  NO WAY!  haha

Respected Contributor

Re: Artis Makeup Brushes

[ Edited ]

Portable-Electric-Makeup-Brush-360-Degree-Rotating-Cosmetic-Makeup-Brushes

Lookie what I found on eBay for a whopping 12 bucks... several listings.  I wouldn't be afraid of it for the price with free shipping.  While the brush head is different than the one I mentioned, they all work basically the same (I'm guessing)  Only one speed maybe.  Heck, I don't know. Smiley Surprised

eta:  It's called the Allstar Innovations Airtouch Makeup Brush.  I'm in no way endorsing this brush though.  I've never tried it out and it could be total junk.

xxx

Valued Contributor

Re: Artis Makeup Brushes

[ Edited ]

If anyone wants to try the HSN/As Seen On TV brush, you can search, "HSN Airtouch Rotating makeup brush", on eBay. There is one left for $24.82 out the door.  I bought one to try for this price.  Hope it works well!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Funloving and @Jen44.  Will check them out.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Kind of what @Andreatoo said.... that the shape of these brushes doesn't seem conducive to smooth application (is there an echo in here?).  Since these brushes are shaped like a fat toothbrush, how do you buff foundation around the edges of your face and into the corners, like around your nose and eyes?  

If they ever get down to about $10, I'd like to try them.  But at their current prices, absolutely not.  I'll keep my IT double-ended brushes - but I'll take a look at the Real Technique and Caitlyn brushes.

@tototwo  I know it seems weird, but I've gone back to using my cheap dupes for the last few days and they really do work.  I can even say they work well.  There are many brush sizes to accomodate the particular job so you can cover a large area or get into a tight one.  Now I wish I would have gone back to them sooner.  For less than $20, for a nice variety of sizes, I'm pretty pleased.

Do you think they might not work as well because they are not the same quality as an Artis brand brush, just merely the same shape?