Honored Contributor

I bought some Artis dupes on Amazon awhile back and whle the brush heads are nice, the handles don't feel terribly secure.  Some sets of the authentic Artis brushes are on sale on another channel/site.  Even on sale, it felt like a splurge.  I bought the Elite Palm brush and the Elite 5 pc. set.  I hope they are worth the extra $$!

Trusted Contributor

I bought a set of the Artis brushes a couple years ago.  I love them.  I also bought some dupes which seem to work as well, but I always feel the handles are too "bendy" and feel like they might snap off.  But I do really enjoy using the Artis and Artis-style brushes, They leave a really nice finish on my face. 

Honored Contributor

@madzonie wrote:

I bought a set of the Artis brushes a couple years ago.  I love them.  I also bought some dupes which seem to work as well, but I always feel the handles are too "bendy" and feel like they might snap off.  But I do really enjoy using the Artis and Artis-style brushes, They leave a really nice finish on my face. 

Yes, @madzonie, that's my problem too.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchI have a 3 piece set that included the oval 6 brush, an eye shadow brush and a lip lining brush.  I also have an oval 7.  I highly recommend the oval 6 and 7 brushes that I use for foundation.  I have to say I don't use the smaller brushes much, but adore the foundation brushes.

Last time I went to visit my family, I had accidently left my makeup brushes at home so I stopped by ulta and purchased a couple of brushes to leave at my parents' house.  I got a foundation brush from Real Techniques that might work as an Artis dupe.  Only used it once but it seemed pretty sturdy.  

New Contributor

The selection of brushes in the 5 piece set is great and the price is unbeatable.  My first set was the 3 piece set and I couldn't believe the difference the fibres and density of the brushes made.  I learned quickly that I didn't need to use as much foundation because so much more of it is going on your face.  The linear 1 is great for lining, i like to use some shadows for lining,  you can load it up and deposit it right at your lash line.  The oval 3&4 are great for shadow application and sometimes I use the circle brush for the crease.

The artist website used to have tutorials that were good, I don't know if they still do.  One time I saw a you tube beauty guru testing out one of the foundation brushes (oval 6 or 7) and she was just smashing it against her face so hard which is absolutely unnecessary and probably didn't allow for the great finish you can achieve with these brushes. 

Respected Contributor

Wow- I went and checked out that set and it is a super price.   The oval 6 itself is usually around $60.  I went ahead and purchased.  I did for some reason have a hard time putting my order in but finally got it to go through.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Artis Brushes

[ Edited ]

The other day HSN had a 50%-off beauty sale on certain items. One of them was an Artis set of 5 brushes that had a $170 reg price marked down to $75...and it's still on sale.

Palm brush is $32

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeeThat was what the price was today for the 5 piece set.  Sold out now.  Great price for these items.  

Everyone, what do you use to clean these brushes.  I have a small thing of the Artis cleaner but it is about to run out. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The other day HSN had a 50%-off beauty sale on certain items. One of them was an Artis set of 5 brushes that had a $170 reg price marked down to $75...and it's still on sale.

Palm brush is $32

@SilleeMee- Yep, that's what I paid last night.  I hadn't really planned on the purchase, but was teased on Facebook with the Palm brush.  When I looked at the other Artis brushes and sets, and saw the big savings on the 5 pc. set, I talked myself into it since I'd probably never see them that low again.  

Honored Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

@SilleeMeeThat was what the price was today for the 5 piece set.  Sold out now.  Great price for these items.  

Everyone, what do you use to clean these brushes.  I have a small thing of the Artis cleaner but it is about to run out. 

@Roni18  I stumbled upon Cinema Secrets Professional Brush Cleaner on Amazon.  It's rinse free and brushes can be used practically immediately after cleaning.  I've been using it successfully with my current brushes (mostly IT and a few other random Real Techniques and ELF).  I had planned to continue with the Cinema Secrets with my Artis brushes unless someone knows a reason why I shouldn't.