Trusted Contributor

Re: Arnica to help speed healing from a bruise?

@shoekitty wrote:

I buy arnica gel and the cream in 3 packs through amazon.  Our CVS here charges 9.25 for a tube of arnica.I think I pay 21.00 for a pack of 3, which is a little better.  We use arnica all the time, mainly for pain!  it helps with sore or swollen joints.

BTW, I use arnica around my mouth, for a few days prior to getting fillers!  Then I keep it on after with ice.  Really works for brusing.  Several of my friends surgeon's hd them use it after surgery, for swelling and brusing.

@shoekitty which brand on Amazon?  My mom is a big time bruiser and just had knee replacement surgery on Wednesday.  I am thinking she will need a 3 pack!  LOL. TIA

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

I buy arnica gel and the cream in 3 packs through amazon.  Our CVS here charges 9.25 for a tube of arnica.I think I pay 21.00 for a pack of 3, which is a little better.  We use arnica all the time, mainly for pain!  it helps with sore or swollen joints.

BTW, I use arnica around my mouth, for a few days prior to getting fillers!  Then I keep it on after with ice.  Really works for brusing.  Several of my friends surgeon's hd them use it after surgery, for swelling and brusing.

@shoekitty which brand on Amazon?  My mom is a big time bruiser and just had knee replacement surgery on Wednesday.  I am thinking she will need a 3 pack!  LOL. TIA

@Suebdoo

I get the Boiron Arnica.  It is a pure french arnica.  I think it is the most widly used and the best IMO.  I used another brand once and both my husband and I agreed it wasn't as effective.  Maybe the % of Arnica they use is more, IDK...but I love it. 

it comes in a gel and cream.  I like the cream, my husband prefers the gel.  IMO the cream seems to stay longer for joint and muscle pain.  The gel is what I use for bruising.  It absorbs readily, in seconds.

Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty thanks!!  Maybe I will get 1 of each since she will have both pain and bruising.  Then she can pick which she likes best before I buy a 3 pack. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using Boiron (brand) Arnica gel for years (& also their Calendula).

Arnica is AMAZING for bruising & for using immediately after you bump or bang a part of the body. The key to it's great results is applying it as soon as possible when you have an issue. It not only keeps the bruising down to a minimum (or not at all), but it helps take away the pain.

Boiron Calendula gel is a wonderful healer. I apply to skins issues like burns, etc.

Btw, I bought my last tube of Boroin Arnica gel at Amazon...Subscribe & Save price was $6.19 for 1 large tube. That Amazon program gives you a 15% discount on Subscribe & Save eligible items when you order 3 different items. I normally order from Vitacost (great prices), but this time it was cheaper at Amazon.