Respected Contributor

What is the best pure argon oil for the face?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Occasional Contributor

Do you use a moisturizer on top of the oil? My skin just feels greasy, oily really. It doesn’t seem to penetrate.

Honored Contributor

Re: Argon oil questions

[ Edited ]

@lynbeechwood I buy organic argan oil at Trader Joe's....inexpensive and effective.  I used much more costly brands and no difference.

Honored Contributor

@jlund1816 wrote:

Do you use a moisturizer on top of the oil? My skin just feels greasy, oily really. It doesn’t seem to penetrate.

@jlund1816 I use some different products. When I'm using Josie's products I use her Milk moisturizer first then the argan oil on top of that. She said to apply the thinnest to the thickest.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynbeechwood If you search argan oil and acne on Google you can see where it says Since argan oil regulates the production of sebum, which causes acne, it's use can help reduce further breakouts.

It seemed to help mine. My face kept breaking out around my temple areas. I started taking Andrew Lessman's Womens Wellness & it finally cleared up. Have not had any problems since I got my hormones under control.

Honored Contributor

The thing about oils is that some of them can shut down your own oil production which can lead to dry skin. It's the way our skin responds when there is an abundance of oil on it. So it's important to choose one that your skin is compatible with, including argan oil.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@jlund1816 wrote:

@jlund1816, I agree with @Nightowlz. Oils are good sealants. So it's best to use them last, after any hydration product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynbeechwood,   I recently purchased the argan milk and it is wonderful.  I purchased the travel size to see if I would like it.  Do a Google on Argan oil and Marula oil.  One of them is good for acne.  Marula oil does absorb quickly compare to argan but argan light oil is very nice.  You may want to invest in the Pop Sonic Leaflet.  The first few days I used it, it was cleaning out my pores.  It is wonderful.  My skin is so smooth and soft.  Check these things out and good luck to you.  Cat Very Happy  P.S.  Marula oil is the one that fights acne (it was driving me nuts) so I had to look in up.

kindness is strength