Honored Contributor

Re: Argon oil preserves your cells???

I admit I have never watched JM or used her products.  But for dry skin what's wrong with baby oil?  I use that in my shower on damp skin and it really helps. 

Valued Contributor

My Derm told me Argon is not a biological oil and would act no differently than Olive Oil or any other light oil. It stays on the surface and is not cellular. Squalane oil is biological. Argon oil is oil!

Honored Contributor

Maybe she is referring to this The fatty acids in Argan oil also have a positive impact on the skin. They preserve the integrity of the cell and act preventively. The more integrated the cells greater elasticity. Found this at Healthy Lifestyle Chronicles.

There is also a PDF with some interesting info about Argan Oil if you Google Argan Oil & Alt Med Rev to find the pdf.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Maybe she is referring to this The fatty acids in Argan oil also have a positive impact on the skin. They preserve the integrity of the cell and act preventively. The more integrated the cells greater elasticity. Found this at Healthy Lifestyle Chronicles.

There is also a PDF with some interesting info about Argan Oil if you Google Argan Oil & Alt Med Rev to find the pdf.

Not to ruffle the feathers of those who are into "natural" or "alternative," but I've seen the most egregious claims on such sites in general and rarely see references to actual dermatological studies.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Then she should have said it that way....she stated the facts so poorly with nothing to back what she said up.  But,what can one expect from an old super model.....

Valued Contributor

I didn't really understand what she meant (Derm) but the gist of it was that Olive Oil is just as good as Argon Oil. They are surface moisturizers as most oils. Biological oils penetrate into the dermis.

Her basic opinion was Argon Oil is just a moisturizer no better or worse than Olive Oil.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

Then she should have said it that way....she stated the facts so poorly with nothing to back what she said up.  But,what can one expect from an old super model.....

Was this really necessary?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Ceci. It does feel like applying oil to the skin. How do I know I’m not paying $100 for mineral oil?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden,   Your cells or your eggs?   LOL

I have to admit that I recently purchased her Argan Milk and it is wonderful.  Sometimes I don't like oil directly on my face.  This Milk camouflages it nicely.  This is one of her best products.  Cat Tongue

kindness is strength