Honored Contributor

Re: Argan Oil - worried about competition? don't be,.... give customers choices

@Harpa wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I was thinking more that she has totally looking firm, unlined, poreless [albeit shiny] skin. I have my vulnerable areas. Of course I'm sure I'm older than she.

@Harpa @She is young, and has thicker skin too. I am not saying it is not firm and healthy....just very shiny and greasy looking when she applies the oil.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy mine from Amazon .  It's not an oil I use a lot but when I do buy it I buy it from Kate Blanc!  I don't use it on my hair as it changes the texture of it.  I have been known to use the 100% Organic USDA Argan Oil to my skin, however.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

I have used both Josie’s and Trader Joe's. In the actual oi, I don't see any difference, but I love Josie’s products. I have all kinds of stuff from her, and all are on my re-buy list.

Frequent Contributor

Wow, I just checked and JM argan oil isn't even organic or cold pressed!   Deal breaker for me.  

I got a small bottle of JM argan in a TILI box.  I also recently purchased cold pressed Active Argan from HSN because it's oxygenated...but it's not organic.     

My point is regarding the JM Reserve which is a golden color and supposed to be more superior.   Active Argan is the same golden color but JM regular Argan is clear.   I wonder if AA is the same quality of the Reserve since they are the same color?   

Esteemed Contributor

So I checked my bottle of Argan oil from Plant Guru. It's not organic but it is cold pressed and has a light golden color. Label says shelf life of 2 yrs.

I paid $8.50 for 2oz.  I bought this as a carrier oil to dilute essential oils and not skincare. 

Esteemed Contributor

@YogaGal wrote:

Wow, I just checked and JM argan oil isn't even organic or cold pressed!   Deal breaker for me.  

I got a small bottle of JM argan in a TILI box.  I also recently purchased cold pressed Active Argan from HSN because it's oxygenated...but it's not organic.     

My point is regarding the JM Reserve which is a golden color and supposed to be more superior.   Active Argan is the same golden color but JM regular Argan is clear.   I wonder if AA is the same quality of the Reserve since they are the same color?   

@YogaGal  When I tried the reserve, it was some time ago. It was more in the color of brown, not golden -- made from the bark and the leaves of the argan tree. That's what was told, and really that's why I was interested.

I do not know what Josie is saying today is the source of the golden reserve.

I've also tried Morgen's AA (it was thrown in something else I had gotten from her line). That is a definite golden. I am not sure where the golden color comes from this, however.

The more color in the oil (I have found) the more nutrients. Josie's clear oil is too refined (for me).

Frequent Contributor

@Harpa  Thanks so much for your comments.  I agree - the fact the JM oil is clear tells me it's more refined.    Other argan oils i have used have color.