Honored Contributor

Re: Argan Oil: best moisturizer I've ever used!

@Kardi wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I can't use argan oil. It makes my skin dry. For some reason that particular oil causes oil glands to shut down leading to dry skin in certain people. Other oils that I have used don't do this. Glad you like argan oil @MandyG06Woman Happy

Wow, that’s interesting.  Just goes to show that everyone has different results from any given product.  Nothing works for everyone!

My latest oil discovery is chia seed oil. This one, for me, works the best for hydration and surprisingly a redness reducer as well. @Kardi

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I can't use argan oil. It makes my skin dry. For some reason that particular oil causes oil glands to shut down leading to dry skin in certain people. Other oils that I have used don't do this. Glad you like argan oil @MandyG06Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  It did the same for me and moreover, it stinks.  I got the very most expensive container, thinking what a bargain I was getting from the hype.  Not only did it make my sin drier, but it smelled like old cooking oil that had set out too long.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kardi wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Wow, that’s interesting.  Just goes to show that everyone has different results from any given product.  Nothing works for everyone!

My latest oil discovery is chia seed oil. This one, for me, works the best for hydration and surprisingly a redness reducer as well. @Kardi

Never heard of it, but will look for it now.  I’m always open to new ideas.  And I like the redness reducing.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love oils. Argan, jojoba, and sweet almond are my favorites.

I don't use argan oil as my moisturizer, but I use it over my moisturizer at night to seal all the goodness in. Here are my other favorite ways to use oils:

• Add a squirt to my favorite body lotions/creams. (In winter, I even add it to JM Body Butters if I need some extra oomph.)
  • Add a few drops to my favorite face moisturizer when I need more moisture between summer and winter.
  • Add to my boxed hair color - I add a few droppers to the developer before I add the color and mix.
  • When soaking off glitter or gel polish with a cotton pad, foil, and 100% acetone, I add a drop of argan oil to each pad before wrapping it onto my nail. It keeps my skin from drying out and getting that white cast 100% acetone leaves.
  • Jojoba is one of the best oils for nails and cuticles, but I mix mine with some vitamin E and sometimes some argan oil.
  • Put a few drops in my hands, rub together, smooth over hair to tame flyaways and frizzies.
  • When my hair gel gives me a "crunchy" gel cast after it dries, I put some argan oil on my hands, rub together, then scrunch out the crunch. The oil helps prevent frizz.
  • I make my own scalp oil with Jojoba and blend in some grape seed oil, argan oil, and castor oil, then add an essential oil like tea tree or rosemary and massage that into my scalp the night before I wash my hair. (If you use essential oils, blend 10:1 with 10 parts carrier oil and 1 part essential oils.)
  • When I'm having sinus problems, I blend jojoba oil with eucalyptus, tea tree, and peppermint oils (10:1 again) and massage into my forehead, cheecks, and temples to help sooth the sinus pressure and pain. It doesn't cure anything, but it makes me feel less miserable while the medication and nasal rinses takes effect. Jojoba is lighter than argan oil, which I like when I'm massaging my face with the oil a few times a day.
  • Vitamin E on it's own is fantastic as an overnight lip mask
Respected Contributor

I especially like the Milk product. I would've never bought on its own but I got it in a kit I bought. I LOVE it. My skin has never ever looked or felt better and I have a ton of issues. I use it alone or sometimes I follow it with the plain Argan oil if I'm feeling needy. 

I often wonder if Milk is watered down Face butter...don't know but now don't care really. I love it.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

I love oils. Argan, jojoba, and sweet almond are my favorites.

I don't use argan oil as my moisturizer, but I use it over my moisturizer at night to seal all the goodness in. Here are my other favorite ways to use oils:

• Add a squirt to my favorite body lotions/creams. (In winter, I even add it to JM Body Butters if I need some extra oomph.)
  • Add a few drops to my favorite face moisturizer when I need more moisture between summer and winter.
  • Add to my boxed hair color - I add a few droppers to the developer before I add the color and mix.
  • When soaking off glitter or gel polish with a cotton pad, foil, and 100% acetone, I add a drop of argan oil to each pad before wrapping it onto my nail. It keeps my skin from drying out and getting that white cast 100% acetone leaves.
  • Jojoba is one of the best oils for nails and cuticles, but I mix mine with some vitamin E and sometimes some argan oil.
  • Put a few drops in my hands, rub together, smooth over hair to tame flyaways and frizzies.
  • When my hair gel gives me a "crunchy" gel cast after it dries, I put some argan oil on my hands, rub together, then scrunch out the crunch. The oil helps prevent frizz.
  • I make my own scalp oil with Jojoba and blend in some grape seed oil, argan oil, and castor oil, then add an essential oil like tea tree or rosemary and massage that into my scalp the night before I wash my hair. (If you use essential oils, blend 10:1 with 10 parts carrier oil and 1 part essential oils.)
  • When I'm having sinus problems, I blend jojoba oil with eucalyptus, tea tree, and peppermint oils (10:1 again) and massage into my forehead, cheecks, and temples to help sooth the sinus pressure and pain. It doesn't cure anything, but it makes me feel less miserable while the medication and nasal rinses takes effect. Jojoba is lighter than argan oil, which I like when I'm massaging my face with the oil a few times a day.
  • Vitamin E on it's own is fantastic as an overnight lip mask

@Alison Wonderland, that is the best way to use an oil. Oils are not moisturizers, but they are excellent sealers.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I buy same thing at Amazon. Check out the price.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

September turning 60 wrinkles don't bother me at all. In fact grateful to be alive every day. My lifestyle healthy and yoga attributes to mind body and soul. Fun! Trying new things. If it wasn't for snarky post past weekend wouldn't have even considered ordering. You never know what to expect here. Woman Very Happy

@Sweet_Serenity You know what they say....”Haters are motivators” 😆

Honored Contributor

Marula oil is the one I prefer.  It absorbs quickly where Argan takes forever.  Different oils are all good and it depends on what you prefer.   Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I like it to.  I have bought a lot of Peter Thomas Roth and though they feel good on my skin, see no real difference.  I have tried a lot of other stuff and I see no difference.  I am thinking of just giving everything up except the Argon oil and use it for neck face and eyes.  I would like to find a good Vitamin C serum to add but so far not crazy about any I have tried.  They always seem sticky.