Respected Contributor

Argan Oil ~ What Am I Doing Wrong ~

Last month I went Argon Oil (Josie's). I like to try one new thing at a time, and give it several weeks, so I can really get a sense if it is working or me. I went with this Oil, the whipped butters, the milk.....The first few weeks everything was going great. Now, my skin is so dry (my face)! What, if anything, am I doing wrong? Has anyone else had this experience with oils? Thank You.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Re: Argan Oil ~ What Am I Doing Wrong ~

Keep in mind that not everything works for everybody. You may not be doing anything wrong. I find that Josie's hand cream and body butter work well on my body but her products make my face drier.

Respected Contributor

RachB ~ Thank you. My skin is very dry. I just can't wrap my brain around how an oil, on dry skin, can make it drier. A lesson for me. Thanks.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Mistic said:

RachB ~ Thank you. My skin is very dry. I just can't wrap my brain around how an oil, on dry skin, can make it drier. A lesson for me. Thanks.

Sometimes oils just don't absorb into dry skin. It seems counterintuitive but I've experienced it quite a bit.

Honored Contributor

I would not think it is the oil but rather one of the other products with an ingredient that does not agree with you. If your skin is dry, Marula oil has more antioxidants than argan. It is my oil of choice. My skin in NEVER dry even during the winter cold months. It's soft, hydrated, diminished the look of fine fines and I can't say enough about this oil. I use acure organics marula oil under $20.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

On 2/11/2015 KatCat1 said:

I would not think it is the oil but rather one of the other products with an ingredient that does not agree with you. If your skin is dry, Marula oil has more antioxidants than argan. It is my oil of choice. My skin in NEVER dry even during the winter cold months. It's soft, hydrated, diminished the look of fine fines and I can't say enough about this oil. I use acure organics marula oil under $20.

where do you get yours?

Respected Contributor

Thank you KatCat1. I will check this oil out.

Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2015 poregirl said:
On 2/11/2015 KatCat1 said:

where do you get yours?

If you need $20 worth of stuff including the marula oil, shop at iherb.com. $20 = free shpg. or if you just want the oil go to acureorganics.com (free shpg. too but a little higher price).

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Mistic

All oils take the skin out of balance and make it dry, they make your skin oily, not moist.

If you are putting it on your eyes you could end up with milia and puffy undereyes.

Valued Contributor

I use her products. I have dry skin and the oil works for me.