Respected Contributor

Re: Argan Oil ~ What Am I Doing Wrong ~

On 2/11/2015 ginabfly said:
On 2/11/2015 ChynnaBlue said:
On 2/11/2015 ginabfly said:

I use JM's argan oil as more of a serum, and use moisturizer over it. I can't use it alone otherwise my face is too dry also.

You should try reversing that. Oil acts as a moisture barrier, so if you put it over a moisturizer, it seals that moisture in. If you put the oil under the moisturizer, the moisturizer isn't as effective because you've put a barrier between the moisturizer and your skin.

Mistic, you might want to try your moisturizer under your oils. Some days I'm fine with only one or the other, but on very dry days, both are better. And consider that other things may be contributing to your dry skin, as well. (Lower humidity, heat being on, medications you've started recently, etc.) If you set the argan oil products aside, consider picking them back up in a few months to try again. Often things that don't work for me one season work really well in another because of the environmental changes.

I was trying to get the most out of argan oil by putting it directly on my skin or over serum, I will try it over moisturizer and see if that helps.

I Will try this too. Thanks much!!!

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Re: Argan Oil ~ What Am I Doing Wrong ~

I mix some of the Argan Oil into the Argan Milk and it works amazingly well!! I love the feel of it on my skin and it stay moisturized all day . I just put three droppers of the oil into the bottle of Argan Milk and just shake it up good before I use it. Then when the bottle is about half way empty I add some more oil. Works like a charm.