Respected Contributor

Re: Argan Milk vs Vitamin C

[ Edited ]

@BSurLife65  Hi! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.   I’ve never used the body butter on my face, even the unscented one.  The  Face Butter has a much lighter consistency and I love it.  You only need a tiny bit.   I think it’s formulated differently than the one for the body and may not cause you any issues.  I hope all clears up and you find a system you like that works for you.  I’ve switched around my routine and am really liking her new products for the face.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Argan Milk vs Vitamin C

[ Edited ]

@nyc1 wrote:

@BSurLife65  Hi! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.   I’ve never used the body butter on my face, even the unscented one.  The  Face Butter has a much lighter consistency and I love it.  You only need a tiny bit.   I think it’s formulated differently than the one for the body and may not cause you any issues.  I hope all clears up and you find a system you like that works for you.  I’ve switched around my routine and am really liking her new products for the face.  

Thanks, although I should have been more clear to say that I've never used the Body Butter on my face; when Josie introduced her Face Butter AND it was included in a "can't-pass-up-this-deal" Kit on A-D and Easy Pay, I started using it every night and, yes, in small amounts because it is lighter consistency and spreads almost like a gel.  Thanks for taking time to offer suggestions -- what I'm now doing is 'controlled' experimenting: Cleanse at PM as usual, use Toner, PTR Un-Wrinkle pad, PTR Retinol liquid,1 drop of Argan Milk -- wait -- lastly lightly spray with Rosewater+Glyerin (my go-to for years), then apply the new CLINIQUE MOISTURE SURGE Gel (super concentrated, one drop spreads my entire face.  I finished with 2 drops of regular Argan Oil, avoiding the chin and center of face.  DONE DONE & DONE.  

This morning my skin looks and feels SO MUCH CLEARER & TIGHTER, and (in my eyes & by touch) more lovely.  I can't bring myself to wash it off yet! This new Regime (using the V-C during the day, no exfoliants, etc) I will follow for 30 days -- Hopefully I'll remember to report back to you any changes.  I did order a Full size of the Clinique gel, it comes in a nice glass container with a pump dispenser NOTE:  I'm talking about the NEW improved Moisture Surge, it's thicker, has little beads that dissolve,is so concentrated ONE good drop covers my face! (I hate squeezing containers with my arthritic hands, don't other companies GetThis when designing product containers????????) Clinique 'gets it'!

You're so kind to offer your suggestions, keep it up !

I've turned on the Heat recently because it's SOOO COLD this week, suddenly California has Washington weather!  Cold, rain, wind, and SNOW!!! I'm regularly spraying my face with the Rosewater & Glycerin product -- also doubling my fluid intake.  I 'should' go outside for a walk or something -- but I'm too happy warm & cozy staying inside and I seldom do what I'm told I 'SHOULD DO'. PLUS -- I tend to get very achey and sick if I get too cold.  

Have Wonderful Holidays ---- BE KIND TO YOURSELVES.

Valued Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

Bottom line, use retina a at night and moisturizer that is fine in morning use Vitamin C that is the gold standard of care for skin.. I use the Truth Treatments and they are amazing products. and my skin has changed drastically

SO -- what is the downside, if any, of not completely washing my face in the morning?  I've heard so many contradictory opinions from 'ordinary' people like us, and professionals, including models & near-experts in skin care.

Many women with beautiful natural skin swear they DO NOT WASH THEIR FACE IN THE MORNING!  So if I don't wash in A.M., how to I add the Vitamin C serum? (seems a waste to wash off the PM wonderful results.....)

Respected Contributor

@BSurLife65 wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

Bottom line, use retina a at night and moisturizer that is fine in morning use Vitamin C that is the gold standard of care for skin.. I use the Truth Treatments and they are amazing products. and my skin has changed drastically

SO -- what is the downside, if any, of not completely washing my face in the morning?  I've heard so many contradictory opinions from 'ordinary' people like us, and professionals, including models & near-experts in skin care.

Many women with beautiful natural skin swear they DO NOT WASH THEIR FACE IN THE MORNING!  So if I don't wash in A.M., how to I add the Vitamin C serum? (seems a waste to wash off the PM wonderful results.....)

@BSurLife65  Hi! I can’t believe the holiday has come and gone.   I never wash my face with any cleansing products in the morning.   I just rinse it with water to freshen up for my morning routine.  

Respected Contributor

Thankyou for the info. @SilleeMee  

Respected Contributor

@nyc1Hi! Do you prefer JM's Vit.C over other brands? 

Respected Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

Did not mean to butt in but what I like is that it has an oil consistancy. My dry skin loves the added hydration. It does give me a nice glow also. I don't have any dark spots though that I am trying to diminish.

Valued Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@BSurLife65 wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

@BSurLife65  Hi! I can’t believe the holiday has come and gone.   I never wash my face with any cleansing products in the morning.   I just rinse it with water to freshen up for my morning routine.  

@nyc1 wrote:

@BSurLife65 wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

@nyc1  So - What do you do for your morning skin routine? P.S. I hope you're using CLEAN or some bottled water on your skin.  Tap Water is TOXIC no joke.  I know that dust & dirt (at least) need to get removed in the morning; I'll usually use a cotton round with a bit of Micellar Water, or Bottled Water, and gently swipe my face & neck.  I'D LIKE TO JUST ADD SOME V-C, THEN PRIMER THEN LIGHT BB CREAM (Love Bare Minerals Skin Rescue(??) whatever).  If I'm leaving the house I'll do more so I don't look washed out and tired.  And I LOVE putting on makeup!

Valued Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Kabella wrote:

Did not mean to butt in but what I like is that it has an oil consistancy. My dry skin loves the added hydration. It does give me a nice glow also. I don't have any dark spots though that I am trying to diminish.

@nyc1 Does Josie Maran have a Vit C product?  Where have I been?  I have a super-affordable product I found on Amazon, by "TruSkin" if memory serves.  They even sent me a 2nd bottle as a promo.  I've used it faithfully for 2 months and SEEN A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE/IMPROVEMENT in my facial skin.  I can't live without it now; I also Mega-dose with V-C especially this time of year.  Does a Body Good.  Maybe I can mix some Argan Oil with the V-C I'm already using, or bad idea?

Honored Contributor

@BSurLife65 

Yes!  JM now makes a Vit-C serum as well as a Resurfacing serum.  I use both (Vit-C in the AM; Resurfacing in the PM) and love them both.  They can be incorporated into whatever skin care line you are using.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.