Respected Contributor

@BSurLife65 wrote:

P.S. QUESTION:  Anyone develop deep bumps under the skin after using Argan products? I've got NEW alien critters underneath my chin's skin, not pimples, maybe Cystic? I HATE THEM.  Time for professional intervention and opinion, hope it's not from ARGAN NUT.

I have used Argan oil, milk, and the reserve with no issues. One time several years ago I bought the Argan oil light from Josie and within a few hours I developed a lot of very tiny bumps all over my face, much to my surprise as I don't normally have reactions to things.  It took a lot of effort to get rid of them but they did go away and I returned the product.

Respected Contributor

@Tricolor  That's what I'm doing at this point, and actually it was kind of nice putting the C directly on clean skin this morning.   I'll layer with the Milk in the PM.   

Super Contributor

Bottom line, use retina a at night and moisturizer that is fine in morning use Vitamin C that is the gold standard of care for skin.. I use the Truth Treatments and they are amazing products. and my skin has changed drastically

Respected Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

Bottom line, use retina a at night and moisturizer that is fine in morning use Vitamin C that is the gold standard of care for skin.. I use the Truth Treatments and they are amazing products. and my skin has changed drastically

I have used Retin A for 25 years so I am careful not to layer too much on at night. I only use Vitamin C in the morning as it can't be mixed with Retin A.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Argan Milk vs Vitamin C

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor wrote:

@beauty0125 wrote:

I have used Retin A for 25 years so I am careful not to layer too much on at night. I only use Vitamin C in the morning as it can't be mixed with Retin A.

That's mostly true about not using VC (most common L-ascorbate) with RA. But if you're using a VC derivative, for instance MAP or THD-A, those have a higher pH close to neutral which would make them compatible with RA which works best in neutral pH environments. It's the acidity that makes most VC serums incompatible with RA.

Contributor

@BSurLife65 Yes I am developing those alien critters! I recently added the Vitamin C but I also started adding tiny anounts of unscented body butter. My skin was so dry with our weather changing overnight. Seems like we've had Summer, Fall and Winter in two months. I normally cant do heavy creams on my face, but I was deperate and my skin sure feels better it was so dry to the point it was hurting on cold or windy mornings. I will elimate the body butter and see if things dont clear up. If it doesnt I know its the Viatmin C Serum Smiley Sad 

Valued Contributor

WHAT DID YOU DO TO GET RID OF THOSE TINY BUMPS????

Valued Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@BSurLife65I was using the Face Milk and C in the morning and the Face Milk and Resurfacing Serum at night and then a moisturizer.  I've done this now for about 6 weeks, and my skin LOVES it.   After reading this info, this morning I skipped the Milk and just started with the C, then the Face Butter.  I'm fine with that, and just using the Milk at night.   I wrote to Josie's rep and will check to see if I hear back.  My gut is that she is not going to reply.  I think she acts as more to bring us info and as a cheerleader on Facebook.  Will let you know.   I think I may go to the website as well and leave them a message.

I have not had any cystic or under the skin bumps, and I did a clean break from other products to JM's.

Well I'm thoroughly perplexed now that I've read everone's comments.  I always think I know better what works for me than a "professional" who hands me a Bill after telling me things that make no sense.  Usually I need to make follow-up visits.  Enough!!!  I'm going to change up my skincare routine and products, one thing at a time.  First I'll eliminate the Face Butter; I'm switching to Clinique's Moisture Surge which I've already tried and LOVE results.  It's their new formulation and well-priced especially since I need just a tiny dab to cover my entire face!  Let's see what happens.....I took someone's advice here and will use V-C in the A.M., the Retinol in P.M.  As with diet & supplements one has to give about 1 month to assess results.  And ALWAYS change just ONE THING AT A TIME, otherwise you'll never know what item produced results.  

My personal issue is that I LOVE to try new and different skincare products and switch up my routine.  Probably not the best way to know what exactly is working or not, right?  I could do this when I was younger, or do nothing cuz I've been blessed with good hair & skin DNA.  I used to bake in the Cali sun w/o sunscreen or ANYTHING for years.....only got some spots in my 50's.  A nice Derm set me straight.  I've managed to turn back the clock for my facial skin except for the recent emergence of Alien Bumps which I described in my earlier post.  I live on the West Coast, Monterey Peninsula -- we usually enjoy a comfortable level of humidity which is great for skin and hair.  (We FINALLY got some Rain this week, I had to do my Rain Dance.....it worked, this year has been Super Dry).  In 3 days some new wild green shoots are coming up in the yard!  

Happy Thanksgiving All --- Take Good Care.

Valued Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@BSurLife65 wrote:

P.S. QUESTION:  Anyone develop deep bumps under the skin after using Argan products? I've got NEW alien critters underneath my chin's skin, not pimples, maybe Cystic? I HATE THEM.  Time for professional intervention and opinion, hope it's not from ARGAN NUT.

I have used Argan oil, milk, and the reserve with no issues. One time several years ago I bought the Argan oil light from Josie and within a few hours I developed a lot of very tiny bumps all over my face, much to my surprise as I don't normally have reactions to things.  It took a lot of effort to get rid of them but they did go away and I returned the product.

THAT'S VERY ODD.  Maybe we have been too eager to change our products and routines, then we bother our skin and don't know what we did.  I suspect Consistency is more important than what we use, unless problems erupt.  then back to Square One - what a Pain.

Valued Contributor

Re: Argan Milk vs Vitamin C

[ Edited ]

@CoToni wrote:

@BSurLife65 Yes I am developing those alien critters! I recently added the Vitamin C but I also started adding tiny anounts of unscented body butter. My skin was so dry with our weather changing overnight. Seems like we've had Summer, Fall and Winter in two months. I normally cant do heavy creams on my face, but I was deperate and my skin sure feels better it was so dry to the point it was hurting on cold or windy mornings. I will elimate the body butter and see if things dont clear up. If it doesnt I know its the Viatmin C Serum Smiley Sad 

@CoToni Please give your new routine a FULL MONTH to see if it's better -- I follow my former Holistic Dr.'s advice to change only ONE THING and wait 30 days for Results.  Good or Bad, you'll know what caused the change.  (I know, I'm so impatient but it's the only true way to know what's working, or not, for your body).