Occasional Contributor

I don't like to add too many layers to my face. At night its rx tretinoin and a thick moisturizer, however i'd like to add something underneath my moisturizer and spf during the day. Which one do you think helps the most with sign of aging and overall skin health?

Respected Contributor

@JoNikki wrote:

I don't like to add too many layers to my face. At night its rx tretinoin and a thick moisturizer, however i'd like to add something underneath my moisturizer and spf during the day. Which one do you think helps the most with sign of aging and overall skin health?

What are your specific goals? These two products do different things, so which is better for you depends on what you want to accomplish.

If you have dark spots you want to correct, vitamin C is a better choice.

If you need hydration and moisture, the Milk is a better choice.

Respected Contributor

I do both.   I start with the Argan Face Milk, which absorbs right into my skin, then a light layer of C, and then my Face Butter.  My skin is very HAPPY with this new system.  I've been doing this now for about 6 weeks  (switched from many other brands). 

At night, it's the Face Milk, Resurfacing serum, and then the Sleep Nectar.  Occasionally at night I'll add the Skin Dope as the final step.

Honored Contributor

Re: Argan Milk vs Vitamin C

[ Edited ]

I think this important to mention...

The Argan Milk contains a preservative called sodium benzoate (used in place of parabens). That preservative, when used with products containing vitamin C, turns (chemically converts) into something which is not good, benzene which is a carcinogen. I  recently found this out when I was looking at the ingredients in the Argan Milk. You can do a search yourself and see what I am talking about.

ETA - I'm not trying to scare anybody and, frankly,  I'm a bit shocked about finding this out myself. I don't really know how much of each ingredient it would take to become a bad thing. But for now, I'm paying attention to stuff that contains sodium benzoate preservative.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

The Argan Milk contains a preservative called sodium benzoate (used in place of parabens). That preservative, when used with products containing vitamin C, turns (chemically converts) into something which is not good, benzene which is a carcinogen. I  recently found this out when I was looking at the ingredients in the Argan Milk. You can do a search yourself and see what I am talking about.

ETA - I'm not trying to scare anybody and, frankly,  I'm a bit shocked about finding this out myself. I don't really know how much of each ingredient it would take to become a bad thing. But for now, I'm paying attention to stuff that contains sodium benzoate preservative.

Thank you for the info @SilleeMee .  I just Googled and found a mix of things, but enough for me to send a message to Josie's rep, Emily Tam.  In the meantime,  I will cut out the Milk in the AM, which I love, and go directly to the C.  I'll save the Milk for the PM or when I'm not using the C.   Will let you know when I hear back.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I used to mix the argan milk directly with a vitamin c serum (mad hippie) and use it every day. I wonder if any bad reaction came of it. It certailnly had no ill effects on my skin.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JoNikki 

There are many independent studies on the effects of vitamin C for skin health/aging.

One of the most important things you can do for skin preservation is antioxidant protection & collagen production, which means vitamin C. The Milk is touted for moisturization, which is something different.

Valued Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I used to mix the argan milk directly with a vitamin c serum (mad hippie) and use it every day. I wonder if any bad reaction came of it. It certailnly had no ill effects on my skin.

I've ben using ARGAN MILK for several years and it's been good for my skin, at night.  Then I got some V-C Serum and decided to mix the 2 at night to save steps.  I've been doing this for less than a month, my skin is clear and smooth, much improved.  BUT after reading about the BENZENE result now I'm scared.  I've trusted Josie's products since they were introduced -- now I'm wondering if I should contact Josie's website.  Face it -- none of these concoctions are truly NATURAL in their original state.  I may end up using only Real Organic Products in their pure form -- but even Mother Nature can be harmful.  (OH DEAR, WHAT TO DO??????)

P.S. QUESTION:  Anyone develop deep bumps under the skin after using Argan products? I've got NEW alien critters underneath my chin's skin, not pimples, maybe Cystic? I HATE THEM.  Time for professional intervention and opinion, hope it's not from ARGAN NUT.

Respected Contributor

@BSurLife65I was using the Face Milk and C in the morning and the Face Milk and Resurfacing Serum at night and then a moisturizer.  I've done this now for about 6 weeks, and my skin LOVES it.   After reading this info, this morning I skipped the Milk and just started with the C, then the Face Butter.  I'm fine with that, and just using the Milk at night.   I wrote to Josie's rep and will check to see if I hear back.  My gut is that she is not going to reply.  I think she acts as more to bring us info and as a cheerleader on Facebook.  Will let you know.   I think I may go to the website as well and leave them a message.

I have not had any cystic or under the skin bumps, and I did a clean break from other products to JM's.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Oh dear! I just posted a question on Josie's Real Talk Facebook page because I just received her Vitamin C. My question was which should go first. Now that you mention this I may only use the milk at night. Thank you for the information.