Honored Contributor

Re: Are you scared of make up?

@Mellie32 wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

No, I'm not and more women should wear something on their faces when going out (errand running) lipstick, blush and mascara for starters.

Why @JustJazzmom?

Because don't you want to look your best when out in public? I know I want to.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The funniest thing that happened to me as a makeup artist was I did a store promotion where I did your makeup and we film it so you could do it at home and rewatch the tape to see the steps I did.

I started the camera and started to apply her makeup this lady freaked out!

It was a very light application almost invisible!

Her friend had to calm her down.

She had full meltdown and she was shaking lol

I felt bad for her being so nervous when the camera was on.

I even gave her a little gift for trying. 

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

No, I'm not and more women should wear something on their faces when going out (errand running) lipstick, blush and mascara for starters.

Why @JustJazzmom?

Because don't you want to look your best when out in public? I know I want to.

I don't feel like I need to look the best I can everytime I go out in public, no.  Nothing wrong with going grocery shopping without a stitch of makeup on.

Respected Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

The funniest thing that happened to me as a makeup artist was I did a store promotion where I did your makeup and we film it so you could do it at home and rewatch the tape to see the steps I did.

That's really odd.  She must have some serious anxiety issues or something.

Esteemed Contributor

@blankette wrote:

Does putting on a new product scare and intimidate you, are you afraid to try something? Just asking, I hear this allot, and frankly I can not recall once in my life I was afraid of makeup.

Hoo boy, I've been in love with makeup since the age of 14, when I discovered how much better I looked wearing it!  I have pale coloring and look washed out without some added color.  No makeup fears here, lol. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

No.  I like to try new and different items.  (Now  that I'm old, I have time for all this trying out stuff, etc.) 

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I've never been afraid of makeup. At 62, I still love playing with it! I love colored eyeliners (nothing crazy...just plum, dark greens and, sometimes, dark blues), often wear eyeshadow with just a bit of shimmer, won't leave the house without at least foundation, blush, lip color & mascara.

As a child, I watched my mother put her makeup on every day, and couldn't wait til I was old enough to use it!

I am many years older than you, but I wear the same--colored eye liners, many colors of shadows, etc.  I also never leave the house without brows done, foundation, lipstick,  blush and eyes done including mascara.  I do all this even on days when I have no plans to leave the house.  (The one day you don't do it, is when you get company or have to go out somewhere in a hurry!)

Honored Contributor

For those that are "afraid" of make-up because they feel they don't know how to use it, you can go to a department store and the ladies in the cosmetic department will show you how to use the products.  (Free service.)    Many also do not "pressure" you into buying all the items they may demo on you. 

Honored Contributor

I enjoy makeup, but  I don't feel that I can't leave the house without it. Where I live, it does seem that there are more women w/o makeup than there are with a full face of it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

That's really odd.  She must have some serious anxiety issues or something.

I think that is what it was and the camera brought it out.

Plus a crowd was developing and people were looking at her while I was doing her face so maybe that was it too.

She was so beautiful pretty fair skin and long dark hair she didn't even need makeup!

The very next woman was nuts and wouldn't get away from being filmed.

That promotion brought out strange things in people lol