Honored Contributor

Re: Are you scared of make up?

Not at all!  I love trying new make up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blankette wrote:

Does putting on a new product scare and intimidate you, are you afraid to try something? Just asking, I hear this allot, and frankly I can not recall once in my life I was afraid of makeup.

gosh no

but now everyone is scared, or struggling with something, shrugs 

its the new buzzword 

Honored Contributor

No I love makeup!  What scares me is the cost of some items and how quickly just a few name brand products add up!

There are a lot of women who we all see that never wears makeup.  I think a good percentage of those women never learned how because it can be intimidating when you just don't know how to apply it and the array of choices for everything can be overwhelming.  Of course there are many who say they just don't like it period.

I have a friend who only wears foundation and won't consider anything else because she said her husband doens't like makeup.  (topic for another discussion!) I think there are a lot of women out there who think like this.

Honored Contributor

No, I am not afraid of makeup. As some else said it can be washed off the skin or face. What is there to be afraid of?

Valued Contributor

I've been wearing makeup since I was about 14.  Always wear it when leaving the house.    I remember when I first wanted to use it as a young teen way back in the early 60's and my mother wasn't happy.  She wore it , but back then the moms would freak and tell us we would look like "street-walkers" (nicer word for prostitute).  All these years later I believe my skin is better for having worn it.  I think perhaps it provided some sun protection even before it contained sunscreen.  Most of my friends who never wore makeup look more wrinkled than my friends who did. Just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

No, and it never has. I love makeup and always have, and I love seeing and trying new products. It does intimidate it at all, if I put it on wrong, or use too much, just take it off and start over.......I do know a lot of women who are afraid to try new makeup.....It just was never me!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Scared of makeup????  that's a new one.

If I'm going to try a new method or product, I'll wear it around the house a day or two as a test.  This is how I discovered that using contouring and illuminizers make me look like Morticia from the Addams Family.   Now that was scarey!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I'm not "scared" of makeup, although I do have some trepidation when trying a new product, color, etc. and I reserve experimenting with something new for when I'm not getting ready for work during the week, just in case it doesn't work out and I have to wash it off and start all over again.  Saturdays are my experimentation days.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My bank account wishes that I was but I just love makeup. I am retired and certainly don't need to wear it everyday but I do. It's fun to play around with different looks.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, there are too many other things out there to be afraid of right now.