Honored Contributor

Re: Are you looking for the new Mauve nail polish as seen in magazines

Ladies,  The shades you are showing are lovely but the "NEW" mauve is more with a very light taupe and a touch of iridescence.  OPI has one, Chanel, and Sally Hansen and one more.  This was in a current magazine.  I I am wearing it on my toes right now   Chanel is very costly for a polish but it is excellent.  I would only purchase if it was a pale sheer pink for my fingernails that I used all the time but I actually can find that in Essie.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Pink Pong by Sally Hansen is my all time favorite mauve. I get compliments frequently on it and am often asked what shade it is. It is a very soft mauve without too much brown in it....beautiful for fair complexions since even nail colors seem to be affected by our undertones.

Thanks for the suggestion of Making Mauves @Katcat1. Next time I am in CVS, I plan to pick it up.

That's my go to color when I do wear polish.  I also like the shape of the brush, it's easier to use and doesn't get polish all over your cuticles.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 I think "new" mauve you're referring to is "Almost Mauve" from the Pantone 2018 pallette? By the way, Making Mauves as a color was initially released by Sally Hansen in Spring 2015 (155/156). On the current Insta-Dri website, it's listed as 183 and in the newer packaging.

For anyone interested, here's a link to the Pantone "mauves," quite a broad range. If you're wondering why three different listings for some colors, it has to do with whether the color is printed on paper or cotton. And for paper whether newer, more eco-friendly formulations were used.

Honored Contributor

@juperier,  That is interesting to know about Sally.  The new mauves have more of the light taupe to them and a touch of irredescence. They may not be new but the magazine article has made them popular.  When I bought the Sally Hansen, I got the last one.   I constantly change colors on my toes so I bought Sally because I did not want to spend $$ this time.  I usually buy Essie.  I own all Essie except for one OPI.  I will be changing in December to a red for my toes and off white for the fingers.  Have a great weekend!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Thanks for this discussion ladies! I find looking at all the many colors at the store when shopping for nailpolish overwhelming! But you all gave me some names to look for. I did find Sally Hansons Pink Pong. It looks like a nice, safe color to wear for Fall. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Pink Pong by Sally Hansen is my all time favorite mauve. I get compliments frequently on it and am often asked what shade it is. It is a very soft mauve without too much brown in it....beautiful for fair complexions since even nail colors seem to be affected by our undertones.

Thanks for the suggestion of Making Mauves @Katcat1. Next time I am in CVS, I plan to pick it up.

I got a chance to try Pink Pong on my nails. It seems so boring IMO. It just matches my skin color too much. I'd rather find a mauve color with a bit of iridescence to give my nails some pizazz! But then again I'm pretty flamboyant when it comes to polish on my nails. 

"Pure Michigan"