Respected Contributor

Are you a one signature fragrance person or go by your mood that day?

I cannot find one fragrance I love so much I could wear every day and it be my signature fragrance.  The closest I came to this is Pure Grace by Philosophy.  I wore for years and loved it because how can you not like the smell of clean.  However they changed the formula and now the smell lasts about about a minute at best.  I am so fickled when it comes to fragrance, cosmetics, clothes.  I wear fragrance that suits my mood that day.  I can buy a blouse and love it at the store and a month later put it on and wonder what I was thinking when I bought it.  I feel I am always on the hunt for better cosmetics and skincare.  There are a few things I have stuck with like PTR retinol and Philosophy exfoliating cleaner but most things barely make it to the half way mark.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Are you a one signature fragrance person or go by your mood that day?

No, I don't have a signature fragrance although I have a couple of favorites. I like to wear fragrance for me and if I wear the same one every day, my nose gets used to it and I don't smell it on myself anymore, which defeats the whole purpose. That's why I switch it up between a couple in the winter and a couple (lighter ones) in the summer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Times change and I changed. I wore the same fragrance throughout my late teens and 20's....then fell in love with another fragrance and wore it exclusively in my late 30's thru about 60. Think of all the fragrances I missed out on! Gosh. Now I keep several fragrances on hand and wear a different one each day.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

chiclet, I always have worn Pure by Phil. Received the large perfume bottle and after spraying there is n scent. Asked my hus totake a whiff of my Pure and he said he could not smell anything. Could this be my imagination? The large bottle is labeled perfume but has no scent. More like t. water. So disappointed.Has anyone else experienced this with PURE? Many thanks HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EACH AND EVERYONE!!

Respected Contributor

In the past I have had several perfumes that I would wear for years and then switch to the next one that would see me through a few years:

Wind Song, Cinnabar, Rive Gauche, Opium, Theorema         ( my absolute favorite, long since discontinued by Fendi ), Champagne, Fan de Fendi.

With perfumes having changed their formulation, I rarely wear perfume anymore.  I have a small amount of Theorema left to remind me of its delight.  I sprayed a little on a cotton ball for my underwear drawer so when I open the drawer I smile !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I'm kinda fickle too, and definitely an over-buyer.  I have more clothes than I can use, I purchase makeup that sounds good but then it turns out not to be.  I keep an assortment of fragrances, could never just wear the same one everyday.

Valued Contributor

I usually wear the same fragrance, Jour de Hermès, every workday. I do enjoy other fragrances that I wear during the evenings or weekends. 

Trusted Contributor

@chiclet  Hi Happy Holidays!

I tend to like similar scents.  Vanilla and citrusy seem to be the two I like best.  I can get headaches from scents so that is always in the back of my mind.  Like if I spray this, will I regret it for the rest of the day.  LOL.

I like a few philosphy scents.  I used to love Fresh Cream, but then it got too heavy for me.  Lately I like Lemon Custard.  I use the shower gel and spritz sometimes.  I also have Amazing Grace whch is my mom's scent.  So I sometimes wear that to feel close to her.  

But I have to agree-- i love something for awhile and then I forget about it. 

Honored Contributor

My signature fragrance these days is Amazing Grace.  I used to have a wide array of fragrances that I wore, but now I use AG everyday.  However, I'm curious about other fragrances and want to try them so I can have a few to choose from.

Honored Contributor

I am not a one single fragrance girl, but I am a one designer girl.  My fragrance shelf is all WEN, but many different WEN scents.  For the most part I stay within the same season, but I may rebel & wear a summer fragrance in the winter...ha!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.