Honored Contributor

Re: Are they SHAVING or tweezing out all Their eyebrows?????.....

@sipp wrote:

Then "penciling" in new ones with an eyebrow pencil???- some of them look really thick and a little too perfect --no one have absolutely identical eyebrows do they? I see a LOT of actresses and the hosts on QVC too that look like that's what they do. 

@sipp  Yes, many brows we see on TV are not realistic. Very few women have identical brows...I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase that they are “sisters not twins”. The most natural brows are achieved w/ shadow and then set afterwards w/ a clear mascara gel. You should be able to see some skin through the brow hair. Once it’s all filled in, especially w/ too dark a product, it appears fake like done w/ a Sharpie.

Youtube has wonderful pointers/videos how to fill in and create natural looking brows. If you begin the video and they look fake to you, look for another one that looks more natural. 

Honored Contributor

i have some friends and family who have tattoed their eyebrows.

most of my other friends and family either wax or thread.

my daughters prefer threading.

mine are in good shape......not too thick, not too thin.....and as i have aged the hair grows so much slower. little maintenance is required. i can go six months or more between waxings. i use a pencil or gel to fill them in when applying makeup.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I have seen some very extreme brows lately. Everything from the Graucho Marx brows to penciled in fake looking brows. My husband, who rarely ever comments on women's appearance, mentioned how unattractive it looks when women have heavily made up brows.

I have dark eyebrows via nature and need no real makeup to change them other than a clear gel to keep them in place. 

Respected Contributor

@sipp wrote:

Then "penciling" in new ones with an eyebrow pencil???- some of them look really thick and a little too perfect --no one have absolutely identical eyebrows do they? I see a LOT of actresses and the hosts on QVC too that look like that's what they do. 

The trend right now is super filled in and sculpted brows that are overly perfected. I blame Instagram for that one.

But it's always something. I've found women's brow trends through to ages to be absolutely fascinating. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having been going through a poor sleeping spell the past couple of weeks I've noticed that a couple of the newer overnight hostesses have taken the plunge into the overdone drawn on eyebrow look. Well one actually has always had hers too dramatic and overdone looking but now one of the more natural looking newbies is going the way of the drawn on unnatural look. Maybe it's the "in" thing now.

Honored Contributor

Those high arched surprised brows - is it possible this is the result of a surgical brow-lift?  I'm noticing this on some of my favorite TV news personalities.  The thought of all those stubby rough hairs growing out would keep me from microblading.  Its bad enough on my legs.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Those high arched surprised brows - is it possible this is the result of a surgical brow-lift?  I'm noticing this on some of my favorite TV news personalities.  The thought of all those stubby rough hairs growing out would keep me from microblading.  Its bad enough on my legs

Are you thinking of epilating when you talk about stubby hairs?

Microblading has nothing to do with hair growth. It's a tattoo method.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not a fan of the super dark and sculpted eyebrows. It does not look natural at all, but then that is not the look they are going for these days. I did very little tweezing and needed no makeup for my brows when I was younger. Now in my 50s I add a bit of color with an eyebrow pencil and then use a spoolie brush to blend. If I use too much I can  remove a bit with a Q-tip. 

Regular Contributor

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite Ulta has in some of their stores - a brow bar run by Benefit salesckerks. Perhaps a trip to there to ask their advice or schedule an appointment? 

@Shanus another tip is choosing an eyebrow filler— gel, powder or pencil in a lighter shade than your brows. It looks more natural using a lighter shade.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼