Respected Contributor

Are the all of the Beauty TSV"s bad because of the pandemic ?

Is it just me or am i expecting too much I  remember when i was tempted to buy most of the TSV's whether i needed them or not , now i hardly buy anything , which is good for my bank account , but there used to be 4 or more Perrricone TSV's and now nothing , unlss you count that awful drink one in Jan. Maybe they need to fire the buyers before hosts , because i am not seeing much on QVC any more worth spending my money on. Like i said , it may be me .

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are the all of the Beauty TSV"s bad because of the pandemic ?

It's not just you.   I haven't even been tempted by any skin care or beauty products offered by QVC in years.   I've found products I love elsewhere, so am not interested.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

The girls at my hair salon said beauty supplies are difficult to get now. I heard someone say yesterday that hairspray was more limited. 

The girl at the grocery store the checked me out this week said there were still shortages on products and that people are trying to stock up which she felt would accelerate.

I am trying to focus more on needs vs wants. I have actually just rediscovered Ivory soap. My mom used to always buy it. Its simple inexpensive and does the job.

Floral Pillow
Honored Contributor

I haven't bought a single item for skincare for about 2 years now because I had put so much Perricone and even some others on overlapping AD's that I couldn't use it all before the next delivery arrived.

I'm not chasing for new and different skincare. I unsealed tubes from Philosophy and Perricone just a few weeks ago, old but still unchanged from the new I remember.  

I know lots of poster keep wish lists.  I've been keeping a Don't Buy list for myself for the last several years.  Skincare stays on that list until I need a product I can't find in my own home.

Honored Contributor

Q has admitted not making money on skincare, makeup or jewelry.

The skincare TSVs, in particular, seem expensive, include extra products not needed and the dreaded shipping. I still believe shipping should be free on ALL TSVs. I also think we've become tired of the same old brands and products. Hopefully, by now, we've settled into a good skincare routine that works for our skin and not purchasing the next new & improved cream with false befores & afters. 

Today selling necessary masks and adding $3.50 per order? Just jacks up the price for 3 masks available at mall kiosks for $6 each...no shipping. Vent over.

Valued Contributor

I'm glad there has been a slow down ... I already have a stockpile and do not need the temptation.

Frequent Contributor

I noticed the same thing.  Luckily I have some items on auto-delivery and a stash.  But it's not enought for years.  I have been wondering what is going on.

I think one of the hosts said they can't offer items on Auto-Delivery as much given the pandemic.  I don't know if this is true.

Esteemed Contributor

I have heard merchandise is harder to get all the way around.   Anybody shop the Nordstrom anniversary sale this year?  It is a shadow of its former self.   

Trusted Contributor

i've been showing some restraint with regard to purchasing (although I did buy the Nuface Fix just to try it out offering 60 days in which to do so) and also the fact it was a device as opposed to another beauty serum or cream.  However, I did pre-order the upcoming Kaplan MD TSV as I have been rather curious about this product.

Its unlike me to purchase before the TSV is presented but I've heard many raves from my girl Courtney.  Unfortunately she is not a presenter on this go-round so I just went ahead and ordered it.  Its a good value so I went for it.  

Super Contributor

Beauty products on QVC are just par at best.  And that argon oil.  YUK.  Do not put that greasy mess on your body!