Respected Contributor

Are the IT Brow Pencils "all that"?

They are on sale today at Ulta.  My 92 yo mom can never find a pencil she likes... they are all to hard, and she feels she has to work too hard to get them on.  Would pick this up for her (and me) if they're that good.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Are the IT Brow Pencils "all that"?

I was using their Universal Taupe pencil; I believe that they have replaced that one with a pencil that comes in several shades (including Taupe.)

I did like the pencil but decided to try Anastasia Brow Wiz in Taupe and prefer it. Somehow I find it easier to get a natural look. But if your mom has trouble getting the color on, then maybe the It pencil would please her.

I guess I'm not much help.:-) If your mom doesn't like it, you could return it for her.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

I didn't care for the It Cosmetics brow pencil. I found them hard. I also prefer the Anastasia brow wiz and they will be on sale the last day of Ulta's 21 days of beauty.

Personally, I like the IT brow pencil.  I have tried others, not the Anastasia one mentioned, but came back to it.  I have one in my makeup bag and 2 spares right now!  I don't find the tip hard and it is easy to apply and blend. 

Super Contributor

These pencils have a big following on qvc.  I use a pencil everyday and I think every person has their own need depending on their eyebrows.

When I was younger, I just wanted to fill in one or two spots.  So my favorite pencil was Anastasia's brow wiz...very thin line.

As I aged, the thin line pencil wasn't doing the job for me.  I used ybf and Benefit instant brow pencil.

Welcome to the present...the IT  pencil is my all purpose pencil. Turn it one way and it gives a thick line, another way it is thinner.  

But I also really like Rimmel professional eyebrow pencil from the drugstore!  It's a lot cheaper Woman Happy

For your mom, here they are rated for softness:

#1 (softest) Benefit instant brow pencil

2 Anastasia

3 IT, Rimmel

Esteemed Contributor

I have been using the universal brow power that is universal taupe. I really like it. It does the job. I got it as s free sample from ulta. I like to try new things so will probably not repurchase.  I want to try the benefit soft brow kit at Sephora. It comes with a pencil, gel and highlighter.

Honored Contributor

I recently discovered the ELF brow pencil and now I'm hooked! Please read the raving reviews for this pencil anywhere it is sold. Unbelievable for a $2 pencil.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions!  I'll try to find the ELF first.  Who can resist the $2 price point!?  She's used the Anastasia in the past, and I think it worked for her (I was allergic to it!), so if the ELF doesn't work, I'll try that one, or maybe the Rimmel.  If all else fails, I'll get her an Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in a gray shade.  I think that's what she's using now. 

Respected Contributor

@namaste000  Thanks for that ranking!

For your mom, here they are rated for softness:

#1 (softest) Benefit instant brow pencil

2 Anastasia

3 IT, Rimmel

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I recently discovered the ELF brow pencil and now I'm hooked! Please read the raving reviews for this pencil anywhere it is sold. Unbelievable for a $2 pencil.

I have used everything and this is my "go to" and you can't beat the price. Plus you get a little spoolie on the other end!