Regular Contributor

Re: Are bangs on the forehead back in style or not?

I have worn bangs practically all my life. I have a long narrow face, and my hair line (especially on the sides) is thin and receded. I wear very modern stylish bangs, usually in a "cascading" cut- never ever straight across. It frames my face and gives me a very youthful look (I'm 53). I wear a chin length bob with graduated length, and although I've had long hair as well, I have always worn the bangs.

I also learned to trim them myself, and I do a pretty decent job. However, my stylist offers free in-between cuts bang trimming, so I can get my bangs looking good always! I have pretty straight hair and the gray is coming in now. I have no problem just blowing them out when I wash my hair, and I don't use any tools to make them look like I want them to. I can understand, though, if someone's hair is very thick or curly how bangs would be a nightmare to have!

Honored Contributor

Sideswept bangs are almost universally flattering.  8)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

I think bangs have always been in style. Most of the time, I wear them slanted to the side because I wear a chin length bob cut into layers. It really softens everything but I never wear my bangs cut straight across .....too much like when I was a kid and my mom cut my hair into a bowl shape.

I think bangs bring emphasis to your nose. If it isn't to your liking, bangs can look like a disaster. I have seen attractive women where you never noticed their nose before they cut bangs and it detracts from their appearance.

Bangs almost always bring attention to one's eyes, which is nice.

I always notice a person's peepers first. 8)

Respected Contributor

Oops, there went out? I've worn bangs for nearly 60 years! I frighten children and small animals without full, forehead bangs!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

Just wondering. . .where would bangs be, if not on the forehead?

Esteemed Contributor

I have had bangs several times over the years....but I hate drowing them out when I want a change....

Respected Contributor

I don't remember ever not having bangs.  My forehead is not that great.  It is high and flat so I cover it up.

Respected Contributor

I have worn bangs whether they are in style or not.  For me, it looks best. 

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

Just wondering. . .where would bangs be, if not on the forehead?

Oy, I wouldn't google that. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Absolutely!  Many actresses are wearing them!