Respected Contributor

Thanks for the replies....very interesting.

Both of the Ulta stores I have visited recently are very clean and organized. I love the high end makeup side and also the drugstore side.  I was given several samples at the checkout and the rewards system is really great.

I like Sephora too.

Honored Contributor

I've never been in Ulta - but do order from them occasionally.

I once went into a NYC Sephora, turned around and walked right out.  Crowded with lots of teenagers.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it's different depending on where you're located, but around here I'd pick Sephora over Ulta.  

Super Contributor

I have 2 Uta's close by....I like them...lots of department store brands...as well as drugstore brands.. they also have good selection of fragrances .. I find workers helpful...most are knowledgeable...I do like their reward program....my granddaughters love to shop there ....if they tell me exactly what they want I will purchase....if I do not I give them a gift card....they are good about returns or exchanges.....my recommendation would be buy if you know what they want....make the purchase....otherwise...give them a gift card so they can choose for themselves.....they opened there salon just recently....last I heard you order online then you pick up....the ones in my area offer curbside pickup....( Arizona)

Respected Contributor

It was fun the first time I went a few years ago.  By the second visit I realized I wasn't really getting good deals and it wasn't much fun looking around the store.  Disorganized.  Never went back. 

Honored Contributor

No.  Not an Ulta fan.  The staff is not very helpful.  

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee   I have shopped at ULTA and never had any problems.  I once had a return and had no problems.  I would not consider myself a fan but I do shop at ULTA.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I love Ulta. In fact, just went in today to get something. I had to wear a mask. The gal at the registered was wiping everything down in between each transaction. I like more than Sephora.

Honored Contributor

Yes, most of the sales staff know the products and are very knowledgeable.  I like shopping there although our store is curbside only right now.

Respected Contributor

I also like Ulta but I very rarely go into a store, I always order online even before the stores closed. I like that they have a large assortment of both high end and drugstore priced products. They have a big variety of cruelty free products and a good rewards program and lots of good sales and deals. Their shipping is relatively speedy and I've had good experiences with customer service too. All in all, yep, I really like it!