Respected Contributor

I have several nieces and they have requested makeup kits for graduation gifts. So....I ventured into Ulta today. I was really impressed with the selection and the knowledge of the people working in this store.

Have you had favorable results with Ulta? I would love to know.

Respected Contributor

Just the opposite. The store is always a mess. The sales people never know where items are in the store. Do not go in often, but there seems to be a big turnover in help.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I have several nieces and they have requested makeup kits for graduation gifts. So....I ventured into Ulta today. I was really impressed with the selection and the knowledge of the people working in this store.

Have you had favorable results with Ulta? I would love to know.

I do like Ulta, although my Ulta isn't that great, I usually order online. I like Ulta's reward program, instead of giving you a small sample with the points you earn, you can get money off on a purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Are You an Ulta Fan?

[ Edited ]

I didn't know any Ulta's were currently open! I'm in such an isolation bubble in the tri state area. Woman Wink 

They usually have  very nice makeup sets- the Ulta brand especially. Lots of products in storage cases for very reasonable prices. Their brand makeup is better quality than most drug store brands- imo!

Honored Contributor

Not so much.

Respected Contributor

I know why your nieces like that store!

Ahh, to be in my twenties again and experimenting with all kinds of make-up and all kinds of colors!

No, I do not go to any of those make-up stores now, because I only buy a few unique make-up products several times a year in major department stores.

But those were fun times...

Esteemed Contributor

It's ok. Usually the checkout lines are long and slow, then once you get up there they try to up sell you into buying magazines, sample sizes of stuff etc. I only go if I have to.

Respected Contributor

not really a fan here.  we just got our first ulta store.  everyone was soooooo excited.  i went in twice before the closure, and both times, 1 cashier, slow line, and several "other" managers/employees standing around, reviewing schedule or something. looking at the line, but deciding it wasn't their job to actually help with the customers. kinda done, and over it.

Respected Contributor

I prefer Sephora.

Respected Contributor

I find the checkout process to be painful. Do I want to join the rewards? What's my email address? Did I know I could accumulate points and save money? No?    My gosh, just take my money and let me out of here!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York