Honored Contributor

Are You Serious? About Skin Care tThat Is

Well are you?  Have you tried it?  Do you like it?  Do you love it?  How are your results, do you have good ones or great ones to chat about?

Serious SkinCare - I need some.  I've been using PTR for about 4 years now, my auto delivery kit has ended, just rcvd the last one.  In fact I stopped it for a few months and then decided to restart my remaining kits to this auto. It contains his basic cleanser, pads, day cream, night oil.  I saw results but now not so much. The kits were expensive too broken up into easy pays so as soon as the current kit is paid for in (I believe) 5 months I began 5 more -  you know the drill.

Anyway, watching hsn talk and demos about Serious SkinCare.  Anyone here use it or tried it?  Tell me all about it please. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Are You Serious? About Skin Care tThat Is

I can't give you a fair answer: I gave her a fair shot years ago-falling for hype-kept buying...nothing really worked. Not the skin care or the makeup...maybe things have changed.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD...I've never tried a Serious skin care bit I am a former PTR user, too.  I noticed great changes at first, but after a while was a bit underwhelmed. His products are far from inexpensive, too. After hearing a lot of the beauty ladies here talk about Paula's Choice skincare line, I switched and really love it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I don't believe in spending $$$ for skincare but that is me.  I use Marula oil on my face at bedtime and in the a.m. I use No. 7 moisturizer with SPF 15 that I tried for the first time and will purchase again at a very reasonable price from Target.  I do exfoliate weekly with alba Botanica Hawiaan facial scrub.  It's not rough on the skin.  I think it is just right and will bring up any impurities.  Once in a blue moon I will do a mask.  For a woman of my age, I do not have wrinkles all over my face.  I stopped going in the sun in my mid 20's.  Of course, when I smile, I have wrinkles around the eyes.  Your skin does change as you age.  I never wore foundation or tinted moisturizer until my late 50's early 60's.  I do have some broken capillaries from a brush I used on my face years ago,  They are located on both cheeks so now I wear a tinted moisturizers to even everything out.  Gosh, I am talking too long. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Hi PinkDogwood,

I have used SSC cleansers on and off since it has been on HSN. I just finishd up the olive oil a few weeks ago. I like it and it does a good job.  I have tried many of SSC's products and they were ok, I just never stuck with one special kit. I will say for dry skin my favorite is the olive oil line. I do not like the fragrance of the SSC A line. The one speciality item that I really liked is the melon chin cream, (I don't have the proper name), my neck and chin responded well to that treatment.

Sorry I  can't help you more. Remember you have the same 30 day return policy if you don't like it. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD A few years back I used PTR's unwrinkle serum & night cream & loved it. I have since changed skin care. I don't use one brand but skin products from various brands. All we can do is take good care of our skin & try to eat healthy foods. Keep hydrated & try to avoid stress which sometimes is impossible. I think skincare helps to slow down the process of ageing a bit if one is deligent everday. The only other option is botox etc. which I decided will not do. I do not buy online if I have not tryed samples, so no, I do not use Serious 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used different SSC items since 1995. Some very good as far as quality ingredients, but beware, they tend to add petroleum and chemicals and preservatives I try to avoid, so often too many fillers for me. As far as PTR, also a lot of fillers and chemicals there too.

Honored Contributor

I have tried this and that in the SSC line....never was impressed enough with anything to reorder it again. I think it is just OK.

Frequent Contributor

I've tried a few things...the glycolic cleanser and replicate and renew I liked, and the glycolic mask is great, too. My very very favorite item is the GLOWBRASION! It's a very fine skin polish that makes my skin, well...glow. No, really, I've never had anything else that work s quite like it, it's a gem they should really talk about on air more often.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone use and like shea butter,does it help dry skin,really?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.