Honored Contributor

Re: Are You Ever Just Too Tired To Do Your Nighttime Beauty Routine?

That's why we have facial wipes.  If you are so tired just take a wipe or two and take off your makeup.  In the morning cleanse, tone and moisturize.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Yes, once in awhile that happens to me, but I’m usually pretty good about sticking to my skin care routine. My routine isn’t super complicated anyway. 

Honored Contributor

Yes.  It doesn't happen often and I always wake up feeling disgusting when I don't wash my make-up off.  That is why I generally wash my face before I sit down to watch tv for the evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Since giving up makeup in March, I have been surprised how much easier it is each morning and night.  Much simpler.  Never realized that eye makeup was not my friend.

Honored Contributor

no. my life is pretty routine now that I am retired... I do everything the same everyday. My nightime routine is pretty much right up there with eating dinner and going to bed. IMPORTANT.

Honored Contributor

I keep Almay eye makeup remover pads and Olay sensitive wipes for when I am too tired to remove makeup. I can honestly say I have never gone to bed with makeup on. The thought of my husband seeing me in the morning with "raccoon" eyes is part of the reason.LOL

Valued Contributor

Yes! Yes!  A thousand times, yes! I always use the Beekman facial wipes at a minimum to remove makeup, and sometimes step up those nights to include the Dr. Nassiff Detox pads, but 3 out of 5 nights, that will be it.  The others include the sonic brush, and the whole routine.  This year I have really just not been motivated to put more effort into it.

Valued Contributor

I've been known to skip it all more nights than I'd like to fess up to. I've also been known to slap Retin-a on my face without bothering to wash first. I try to keep these to a minimum, though.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I am sometimes but I somehow find the energy to muddle thru it 99 times out of 100.  It's a guarantee on that one night I don't remove my makeup, I'll wake up with a pimple Smiley Sad  I saw a tip from a skin care YTer (James Welsh).  His suggestion was to do your skincare routine earlier, like when you come home from work.  I don't work but I'm trying to train myself to do my skincare routine earlier in the evening when I'm not so tired.

Yes....I'm that tired every nght! Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It happens now and then. When it does, I make those a quick RetinA night.  I don’t bother waiting for the 20 minutes after cleansing to apply it, I never do.  Cleanse, RetinA, moisturize, go to bed.  There are days when I do the whole routine earlier too.  That’s one nice thing about being home and flexible.  Last night I was upstairs before 8:00 and putzed around doing a mask, getting my outfit set out for today, full pm routine.  

A mask sounds wonderful...I need to get one!