Honored Contributor

Are You A Rinse And Repeat Girl

I went over to EvineLive to take a look at the TTV for Saturday night, the one with the shampoo and conditioner. Dimitri has a video showing you how to use it. I have to say your going to go through these products quickly if you follow his advice! He put 8 pumps of shampoo in his palm washed  and then said repeat! Then he used the conditioner and then the shine spray. He used that spray(and it's a small bottle) on wet hair on top of the conditioner and then used more (if you need it). So this got me to thinking if most people shampoo and repeat? I don't, I figure I wash my hair often, it can't be that dirty and once is enough. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Are You A Rinse And Repeat Girl

I'm  like you, wash once, years ago it was always wash twice, but now I think we wash so often once is enough

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No. I use a tiny amount of  shampoo on my scalp.  A bottle last me a long time.

Respected Contributor

I only wash and rinse twice if I have been out in the yard, it's miserably hot, and I am really sweaty.  Generally once is enough for me.  I also don't wash as much as I used to.  When I am in an alopecia fall out, the more I wash, the faster it falls.  I know it is going to go anyway, but I try to hold off as long as I can.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

No, I don't rinse and repeat.  I don't think I'd ever use eight pumps.  I'd feel guilty using so much water to rinse it out.

Respected Contributor

No!

Esteemed Contributor

No, I do not rinse and repeat....I'm 65 years old, retired, so the only time my hair gets dirty enough to rinse and repeat is if I fall down in the dirt.......lol.....

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I went over to EvineLive to take a look at the TTV for Saturday night, the one with the shampoo and conditioner. Dimitri has a video showing you how to use it. I have to say your going to go through these products quickly if you follow his advice! He put 8 pumps of shampoo in his palm washed  and then said repeat! Then he used the conditioner and then the shine spray. He used that spray(and it's a small bottle) on wet hair on top of the conditioner and then used more (if you need it). So this got me to thinking if most people shampoo and repeat? I don't, I figure I wash my hair often, it can't be that dirty and once is enough. 

I usually do a double cleanse.  I think with the new Skinn shampoo/conditioner, it's like anything else where the amount to use will vary based on hair length, thickness, and condition.  I've been using the samples that came with the July TTV.  Honestly, they were very chintzy samples, IMO, but I still got great results using that small amount.  

Honored Contributor

Nope.

I wash my hair 2-3 times a week, and always use conditioner from mid-shaft on down. 

(deep condition once weekly)

Unless my scalp and hair are really icky, I only shampoo once.

But I do a firmer 'massaging-in' on top.

Valued Contributor

Wow thats alot of pumps even for long hair....My hair  is to my shoulders and i have alot but fine and because i use oils the night before i cleanse i have to do 2...I got 2 washes out of his sample packets and that was plenty to clean my hair good....As Jean said there was not a whole lot in them....This is the best S &C i have used.......Hmm sounds like he wants people to run out sooner so he makes more money?