Honored Contributor

Re: Are La Mer skin care products worth it?

It's worth it if the stuff you are using is working for you and that you can afford to keep buying it. But if you find the cost of those products to be challenging then moving on to a more affordable line of skin care might be something to consider. If money is not an issue then I don't see why you should stop buying it especially if it works for you.

Respected Contributor

This line is very overpriced as far as skincare goes. They do have a loyal following who find the price worth it. I do like their soft fluid foundation and I do buy that on occasion when I get a coupon from Sephora. 

Honored Contributor

No.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only thing worthy of the price of LaMer's skincare line, in particular the original cream, is the scent.  I absolutely adored the scent of that cream!  I used it and their first eye cream that came out but never found anything worthy of the price for it's performance.  But again, L O V E D  the scent!

When SSC came out with what her version of it was, the ultra marine cream I think, I actually tried it in hopes that she may have captured the LaMer scent but no, not even a hint of it.  I bet they have a separate patent on the scent of it - it's THAT GOOD!

So to answer the original poster's question, for performance no.  Not worth the price.

Super Contributor

OMG, two of the ingredients are Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, both are listed as a severely high allergic reaction on EWG and two of the reasons I had to throw out thousands of $$ when my derm did a skin test and found that was causing my all over rash. Would not touch this with a 10-foot-pole. These ingredients are not sold in Europe. Sorry, didn't meant to rant.

Honored Contributor

If you want a high end line with seaweed try Algenist. They have effective, modern ingredients in their products.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My dupe for La Mer moisturizer is Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing CREAM. 

That yellow lotion never did anything for me.  I didn’t even realize they made it in a cream; but tried it and it is awesome for dry skin. Makes my skin so soft and smooth. Tried others and always come back to this.  I use an antioxidant/retinol serum under it.

it does not have any fragrance or mineral oil in it, is creamy and soaks in 

Best part?  $28 for 1.7 Oz. It gets 5 stars from me and my skin.

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

Thanks! I didn't know the line was sold at the outlets. I tried it through Zulilly, but the don't always have it.

Cosmetic Company Outlet = Lauder

at the stores which have LaMer last time I was there it was 30% off which is good

btw everything else was 40%  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Thanks! I didn't know the line was sold at the outlets. I tried it through Zulilly, but the don't always have it.

Cosmetic Company Outlet = Lauder

at the stores which have LaMer last time I was there it was 30% off which is good

btw everything else was 40%  

Thank you, I usually walk past these at the outlet malls, I will check it out & see if they carry LaMer, I love the original cream, made my skin like a baby's bottom LOL... but so expensive I haven't used in a long time

Honored Contributor

I  received samples of La Mer moisturizer from Nordstrom.  It was nice but I do not have the money to spend on expensive skincare.  If you have the money and like it then buy it.

kindness is strength