Valued Contributor

Re: Are IT products all that popular?

I like the CC cream, Tightline mascara, and certain eye shadows.  I love the rose and very light pink lippie.  I have had samples of the skin care and I can't say they've wowed me.  I do wish there was a medium shade of CC cream that was more pink toned than what the medium really is but I make do.

I guess you can say I am a fair weather fan.  I like it but not enough to use IT exclusively.

Honored Contributor

Obviously IT is incredibly popular on QVC.  They get a lot of shows and a lot of air time on the beauty shows.  I do like the BBUE, I'm on auto ship and I've been using that from the beginning but that's the only IT product that worked for me.  The mascara was just mascara.  The tried the powder makeup that comes in a compact and was underwhelmed.  The color was "off" on me and I didn't get the coverage I expected.  

Honored Contributor

I like their newest mascara, very volumizing, but you really have to take your time applying it, because it can clump easily. I also really like their Powder-fogot the actual name, but it is translucent and does not contain talc. It is really nice for my oily t zone.

I haven't been that impressed with some of the other products of their that I have tried. Macy's just started carrying their line as well, so I am thinking it is quite popular! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Although I use IT pretty much exclusively and I love the products. I don’t care to much for the eyeliners. They don’t really transfer in the waterline That well. I can get drug store ones that work better. The maybelline gel and L’Oréal silkissime are better than the IT eyeliners. I won’t be repurchasing the IT ones. I didn’t care for the blurred lines lip stick either. It only stayed on a few minutes. But everything else I have tried I love.  

They are so popular because they really are different then most cosmetics. They really created a niche for themselves.

Esteemed Contributor

My next IT purchase will be the cleanser with the free miracle water. I think that small bottle will last as long as the cleanser so no need to buy the big bottle.

Honored Contributor

I don't use IT.

I caught a recent presentation and looking at the before and after pictures, the models had completely different complexion color after using the IT.  

Esteemed Contributor

@TY wrote:

It does seem like QVC is an incubator for indie brands to become popular enough so that the indie brand sells out to a multinational corporation. So does QVC get a cut? Who knows! I only use the IT Cosmetics original CC cream. I mainly use the light or light mixed with medium. I also have the fair to use under my eyes but it's not a great product to cover dark undereye circles. I do like that it has an SPF 50 but I never apply it so thick that I doubt I get the full sunscreen protection from the CC cream. I don't rely on any foundation for sunscreen though, I use a sunscreen on my face beforehand.

IT Cosmetics used to have some good kits but since they have sold themselves to L'Oreal they have increased their kit prices as they move into skin care. The sales pitches are always the same too -- a foundation with an overpriced makeup brush to apply it and then throw in other stuff as an upsell that you don't really think too much about. I think that their brushes are OK but no better than my other makeup brushes and I dislike the double ended brushes they always seem to include in their kits.

@TY- I agree. My double-ended brushes break apart. I've had two and both came apart after a short time. I called QVC about one brush and they told me to return the whole kit, which I didn't want to do because it was sold out.  Also, they are synthetic bristles, not natural. I still use my Bare Escentual brushes from years ago, which are still like new even though they're many years old and have been used a lot.

I do like the IT products though. As long as they don't change the formula, I'll be a customer. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@sunala

I gave away at least 3 double ended brushes as I didn't want them and what I ended up doing with the 4th double ended brush was pull off the smaller concealer end and turned the remaining brush into a travel powder brush. I think that synthetic foundation brushes are also hard to clean as they tend to hold on to product. And double ended brushes need to be stored flat rather than in a cup holder. I don't think that brushe handles are necessarily well glued to the brush ferrul either.

Another thing I don't like about some of the older IT Cosmetic brushes is that the handles have a rubber coating on the handle and that rubber coating can break down and get sticky and that wrecks the brush too. I've hand those as well as other rubber handles get wrecked and then I have to toss them out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in my 70's and I am really enjoying the IT cosmetics.  I really like the eye shadows, they have a good pigment and go on very silky.  The IT CC cream and most recently the Celebration in a Compact I think it's called.  It's the cream foundation with the serum. They have really made a difference in my weatherbeaten complexion. 

When purchased from QVC you get the brush and easy pay which works for me. I have  gone to Ulta to test the colors that I needed.  That saves me from having to return a product. 

I will add that I rarely watch a full program.  I just check to see if there  has been a new product offered and watch the video presentation. 

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

In the past as I've watched the presentations I have always thought it looked like they were applying stage makeup - so thick nothing of your real skin could show thru. It would be like putting on a mask.I doubt the majority of ladies need that much makeup or would want to wear it unless you had a birthmark or scar or something on your face that regular concealer couldn't hide. I've never been even slightly enticed to buy it, and I have a sunspot and freckles.I just put concealer on the sunspot and allow the freckles to show thru - c'est la vie.

@151949  Any cream or liquid mu can be “sheered out” by wetting sponge or application brush. I agree their demos are much too heavy....very artificial looking.