Honored Contributor

Re: Are IT products all that popular?

@151949 wrote:

In the past as I've watched the presentations I have always thought it looked like they were applying stage makeup - so thick nothing of your real skin could show thru. It would be like putting on a mask.I doubt the majority of ladies need that much makeup or would want to wear it unless you had a birthmark or scar or something on your face that regular concealer couldn't hide. I've never been even slightly enticed to buy it, and I have a sunspot and freckles.I just put concealer on the sunspot and allow the freckles to show thru - c'est la vie.

@151949, you ask if it's popular. Of course it is, or it wouldn't still be on QVC and in stores.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It's applied heavily on camera for QVC, maybe because the studio lighting would render it practically invisible otherwise. 

I love the CC cream, couldn't live without it. My skin shows through, flaws and all. I've purchased a few tsvs to try new products and collect brushes. But now I buy directly from IT when they have friends and family and other good sales.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

It is far from being heavy. Your skin looks just like skin and not a mask at all. Except a few odds and ends I use nothing but IT. I find the products do exactly what they say. And after using the CC cream a few days you can tell your skin is looking so nice and smooth. You can tell there is skincare in it

Totally agree and use pretty much only IT. I do have some other brands of lip products too but the rest of my make up is IT.  Love the products and could not be happier with the results

Deb

Valued Contributor

@151949 I didn’t try IT until recently.  I was on a business trip with a colleague. Her face looked natural and so healthy.  I am very particular about my skin care, too.  I asked her what she had in and it was IT CC cream.  I bought a travel size at Sephora and loved it.  With SPF 50 - non chemical - and a serum, this CC cream is surprisingly lightweight.  I ordered the last two TSVs.  IT CC cream is good stuff.. 

Valued Contributor

I like their lipsticks and blush.

I did try the CC cream but like PTR better. I have red spots and dark spots and PTR covers better and looks so natural.I T did not cover my skin discoloration as well as PTR>

I mostly use PTR products except for the above mentioned IT products.

I do love IT lipsticks and blush.

Esteemed Contributor

It does seem like QVC is an incubator for indie brands to become popular enough so that the indie brand sells out to a multinational corporation. So does QVC get a cut? Who knows! I only use the IT Cosmetics original CC cream. I mainly use the light or light mixed with medium. I also have the fair to use under my eyes but it's not a great product to cover dark undereye circles. I do like that it has an SPF 50 but I never apply it so thick that I doubt I get the full sunscreen protection from the CC cream. I don't rely on any foundation for sunscreen though, I use a sunscreen on my face beforehand.

IT Cosmetics used to have some good kits but since they have sold themselves to L'Oreal they have increased their kit prices as they move into skin care. The sales pitches are always the same too -- a foundation with an overpriced makeup brush to apply it and then throw in other stuff as an upsell that you don't really think too much about. I think that their brushes are OK but no better than my other makeup brushes and I dislike the double ended brushes they always seem to include in their kits.

I have a face powder that came in a kit that I just keep in the car for touch ups. Otherwise I don't use or care to use any other IT Cosmetics items. Their lipsticks went rancid on me within  6 months. Their face disc developed a film. Their blushes had too much color payout. Their brow pencil was hard as a rock and didn't work for me. I don't want to try any of their illuminating foundations or concealers at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm cRe: Are IT products all that popular?

[ Edited ]

I am a concealer junkie and try them all.  I go back to Bye Bye Undereye again and again. 

And again.  

Esteemed Contributor

About the popularity...

It's like a radio station playing certain songs all the time, and then they go ahead and tell you how popular the song is.

I've only tried a few It things...the Bye Bye Pores, a blush, some lip and that's it (pun). I never reach for the lip things, the blush is somewhat out of favor, but I still use and like very much the BBP. If I wore foundation, I might try the Celebration.

Honored Contributor

I think QVC depends upon impulse purchases. They show things on air ad nauseum and people get caught up in the hype and purchase. 

Honored Contributor

I've tried some IT products and nothing is a WOW for me personally, but some of the products I like.

I do have the CC cream Illumination.  I'm one that doesn't see the sparkles that some people see but I do apply very lightly.  Not a product I would purchase again but I'll use what I have.  There are other foundations I just like more.

I do like the brow pencil but it's not something I would purchase on its own.  I do absolutely love the Je Ne Sais Quoi in the Rose shade.  I don't care for the original at all.    The Bye Bye Undereye is just okay to me.  Nothing I would buy again but I have a supersize that came in a TSV and I don't know that I'll ever use it all up.  LOL

I'm not interested at all in trying the skincare.  The ingredient deck scares me.