Valued Contributor

I had an arctic peel today. Has anyone had this? It was not painful and I was told this peel is equalivent to 4 microdermabrasions. It is considered a light peel and the frost was noticeable. She said it would feel like a mild sunburn, but my skin has been peeled and scrubed so much that I didn't have any reaction at all. In six weeks I will do another and she will go a little deeper.

Esteemed Contributor

well............................

how did it look

Valued Contributor

My face is shiney! I think I need to go a little deeper to see results that I want. 

Trusted Contributor

I had a TCA peel once and my face was really sunburned.  While the dr. was doing it, they had a fan and ice.  It took several days to peel, but my skin looked great.

Valued Contributor

@henderson wrote:

I had a TCA peel once and my face was really sunburned.  While the dr. was doing it, they had a fan and ice.  It took several days to peel, but my skin looked great.

That sounds painful.

Trusted Contributor

@henderson wrote:

how long did your skin stay looking great after the peel?

Valued Contributor

I wanted to give you an update. My face started peeling yesterday, but not a heavy peel as in sheets of skin. My skin feels firmer and my pores for right now are not visible. Even though I use retin A, and other topicals, it's apparent they aren't sloughing off the dead skin as much as I thought. 

Skincare for me is not something I pay a lot of money for; I am using DE  and as much as I love it, it will never give the results as professional treatments. So for 75.00 a treatment twice a year this a cost effective way to keep the skin looking it's best.