Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

All face products first (skincare-foundation-powder if I'm wearing it) and lashes.  After that it really doesn't matter (to me) when it goes on.

Tip about lashes I've done all my mascara/lash wearing years and one that Tati just mentioned recently is that the length of  your lashes can determine the application look of your eyeshadow.  If you have short lashes, you want to keep  your shadow application accordingly.  Longer lashes can handle shadow that extends higher.  Sorry, that doesn't sound professional but hopefully you'll understand.   Maybe this is why I've always applied my mascara first.

Blue Emoji Meme Download: https://www.vobss.com/meme/marvel-comics/  Download Funny Blue Emoji Meme. Discover more Blue, Blue … | Funny emoji, Blue  emoji, Emoji meme

Honored Contributor

Re: Applying Brows

[ Edited ]

Hmmm. My brows are the strongest color on my face...always have been and haven't gone grey yet, just a few hairs. 

I like to balance the brows w/ my lip pencil and lipstick or gloss. I do this after foundation....shadow and blush come last. If I do my blush and eye shadow before brows and lips, I can have too "hard" a look on my fair complexion.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom 

Me, too.  Face (primer (duh), eyelid primer, concealer, foundation), eyeshadow, liner, brows, mascara, lips, blush, setting powder/spray.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lkat wrote:

Interesting reading everyone's responses.  

-Foundation

-Brows (have to do them before eye shadow or things look wonky)

-Eye Shadow

-Concealer followed immediately by powder under eyes only.  Like to wait until eye shadow done before concealer in case any fallout.

-Eye Liner

-Mascara

-If all powder products:  Powder, Bronzer Blush, Highlight

-If cream blush or bronzer:  Bronzer, Blush, Powder, Highlight

@lkat 

I've heard of putting on eyeshadow before concealer in case of fall-out.  I might try that to see if it helps.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@lkat 

I've heard of putting on eyeshadow before concealer in case of fall-out.  I might try that to see if it helps.

@SurferWife I used to always put my concealer on after foundation but then saw someone I watch on YouTube put it on after eye makeup and I thought it was a great idea.  It definitely makes it easier to clean things up if you get any fall-out or if you need to sharpen any edges.  It took me a few days to break the habit of concealer first, but it was worth it Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife   I've been using mostly cream shadow sticks to eliminate fallout. 

If you wear powder shadow, you can set concealer first with a light setting powder. Laura Mercier has a loose under eye brightening powder which is super, finely milled. Yes, it does brighten, worth every penny and I've had the same container for 18 months. . Pat concealer first to be sure creases are blended out and then dust powder with a small fluffy brush. This allows you to lightly brush away any fallout.

I've also eliminated any palettes where the shadows are more prone to leave an under eye mess.

Honored Contributor

I do apply my SPF through my brows at the same time I do my skincare and apply it to my face. I dab it off with a q tip before applying my brow powder and/or pencil.  

Recently, I've started to apply my clear brow gel (Benefit)  first to see where I need to trim longer hairs brushing hairs down and then up. Gel before brow color shows me where to fill in.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   Confused by your post. Do you mean the length of lashes can determine the placement of shadow? 

Actually, sorry Tati, the shape of the eye determines shadow placement and has nothing to do with length of lashes or mascara. 

An almond or elongated eye should have shadow following that eye shape. A more rounded eye, we should not try to extend shadow or mascara passed the end of the eye. 

Shadow applied higher if lashes are longer? "Height" of shadow is determined by amount of lid space...the differences between the crease and brow. 

Think I should watch her video.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

Hmmmm so crazy I'm having to really think about it - guess I'm on automatic LOL

Okay, it's toward the end before lip then if I need more coloring can adjust.

Next time I'll pay more attention.

@Spacrazy   Actually, you're right. Adjusting brow and lip color balances the face.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@monicakm   Confused by your post. Do you mean the length of lashes can determine the placement of shadow? 

Actually, sorry Tati, the shape of the eye determines shadow placement and has nothing to do with length of lashes or mascara. 

An almond or elongated eye should have shadow following that eye shape. A more rounded eye, we should not try to extend shadow or mascara passed the end of the eye. 

Shadow applied higher if lashes are longer? "Height" of shadow is determined by amount of lid space...the differences between the crease and brow. 

Think I should watch her video.

@Shanus 

Once again, you have taught me something I didn't know!  I have round eyes, so maybe I should stop trying to get that cat eye that looks so beautuful on an almond eye.