Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar!

[ Edited ]

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I don't use ACV consistently the way I should BUT when I Do...I mix it with a liquid, say 4 oz and I use a STRAW that is the main thing.  I also rinse my mouth out with water afterwards and spit out the water.

I have heard it is great for HBP which I have, and DIAB. 

I have a small refrigerator at work and I bought a bottle to work and put it in my fridge.  I am trying to take it religously.

I always mix mine too.   I've spoken to several Dr's and they say to never drink it straight.  I've also read countless articles saying to always dilute it.   I can't see how it couldn't  damage teeth enamel due to its acidity.  I won't take that risk.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

like @Happiness Is Inside JOB said, drink the concoction through a straw and your teeth will be fine.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I can't imagine that!  I've taken it diluted, and it's hard to get down!  You're a superdiva!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar!

[ Edited ]

Another thing I do is I try and drink it with something fruity or orange juice.

I don't drink it with water or anything tart like lemonade. I only drink it with fruity, type of drinks.

I also don't get a full glass, the goal is to get it down with say about 3 oz of drink.  I use a straw and I sometimes add a little splenda....But my goal is to get it down in 8 -10 sips on my straw.

In the past, I used to get too much drink, then I was watching various you tubers and they were using as little drink as possible.

ALSO for ME.... I can't take it on a empty stomach, too much acid for my tummy.  I have to have eaten in the last hour or two then I am fine.....

But I need to work on consistency....I think I"m go get some right now...

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Respected Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

How to make Apple Cider Vinegar Toner

Ingredients
  • Distilled water
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Spray bottle
Steps
  1. Pour 1 part Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar into a glass jar, bottle or container.
  2.  Add 2 parts distilled or filtered water.
  3.  Shake the bottle to combine the mixture.
  4.  Apply the toner to your freshly cleansed skin using a cotton ball or pad, avoiding the eye area.
  5.  Apply your usual, daily moisturizer after the apple cider vinegar toner has dried.

Experiment with the ratios of ACV to water and see what your skin likes and responds to the most. You will know when you find it. You can use a bit less than a 1:2 ratio,  You can also add some witch hazel, tea tree oil or lavender etc as well.

@CherryHugs  sorry - older post but I was searching for ACV toner and this thread came up.  Do you know if you can store at room temp or does it have to go in the fridge?

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@CherryHugs wrote:

How to make Apple Cider Vinegar Toner

Ingredients
  • Distilled water
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Spray bottle
Steps
  1. Pour 1 part Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar into a glass jar, bottle or container.
  2.  Add 2 parts distilled or filtered water.
  3.  Shake the bottle to combine the mixture.
  4.  Apply the toner to your freshly cleansed skin using a cotton ball or pad, avoiding the eye area.
  5.  Apply your usual, daily moisturizer after the apple cider vinegar toner has dried.

Experiment with the ratios of ACV to water and see what your skin likes and responds to the most. You will know when you find it. You can use a bit less than a 1:2 ratio,  You can also add some witch hazel, tea tree oil or lavender etc as well.

@CherryHugs  sorry - older post but I was searching for ACV toner and this thread came up.  Do you know if you can store at room temp or does it have to go in the fridge?

This is also good to put in a spray bottle and use on your dogs ,for a grooming spray when you brush them.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

I keep a spray bottle diluted in my bathroom, have used it for years as a rinse/detangler for my waist-length hair.

Use it on my doggy after her bath, her coat shines. She also gets a couple drops in her water, per my vet, she was seeming to have heartburn when on prednisone so long. I have continued it since. 

Using Braggs with the mother. Shake well.

Respected Contributor

@summerwind  do you do a RINSE with the diluted ACV or just spray in after your shower and leave it in?  Do you massage it into scalp or just mid- to ends?  THank you!

Super Contributor

@SandGirl, Most of the above.  I have hard water, and find spraying some on at any time leaves it a bit softer. I'm 66, so don't worry if it's not as soft as when I was in my 20s. Freshens it up, cuts down the frizz, helps with tangles, whether I spray on wet or dry. Never tried it as a rinse, can't see putting it down the drain Smiley Happy

Also, use it on ends and scalp, especially when it gets dry and itchy. I think the water here affects that, it's worse than where I used to live. 

Spray on bug bites to cut the sting. I could go on and on lol.

Respected Contributor

@summerwind  Thank you so much. I am going to pick up a spray bottle, my hair is just past my bra line and I am knocking at 50, hair is a lot dryer than it used to be, I don't have gray hairs yet..... so I don't color but when they do start coming in I know my hair will be much dryer due to coloring