Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I will never forget when I rinsed my hair w/apple cider vinegar & water and went to a Bar-B-Q at my BFF's house.    My BBB and her daughter complimented me on the smell of my hair.  At first I could not think of why and then I remembered what I used as a rinse.  There are many home remedies we can use but sometimes chose to purchase instead.  Cat Happy

@Katcat1, what is a BBB?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Years ago,my mom used to rinse my hair with ACV.  My hair was always shinning

Respected Contributor

put it in a spray bottle

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I do a 2oz "shot" of ACV every morning.  It has to be the one with the mother.

There are supposed to be all kinds of health benefits to ACV.  I didn't know about using it as a toner.

I have diabetes..and if my blood sugar is high..I take a Tbl of ACV in a cup of water..and it brings it down..I also like the natural ACV with the mother...

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I mix one tbsp. in water and add some Stevia to it every morning.  I've read to never drink apple cider vinegar --straight up--without diluting it.  It can damage the esophagus.  I put one tablespoon in 5 ounces of crystal light or water.  

I only use Braggs with the mother.  It appears to be helping my eczema a bit. 

https://www.amazing-green-tea.com/apple-cider-vinegar-side-effects.html

Full strength can also damage tooth enamel.

I'll have to suggest that for my son..he gets eczema on his hands..thanks for the tip!  I add stevia to mine too..really helps the taste!

-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@emmysmom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I mix one tbsp. in water and add some Stevia to it every morning.  I've read to never drink apple cider vinegar --straight up--without diluting it.  It can damage the esophagus.  I put one tablespoon in 5 ounces of crystal light or water.  

I'll have to suggest that for my son..he gets eczema on his hands..thanks for the tip!  I add stevia to mine too..really helps the taste!

Hi Emmysmom.   Yes...have him try it.  It takes awhile to work, but I think it is helping as I've been drinking it more regularly.  Just don't let him drink it full strength.   The recommended amount is actually one tbsp. to a full cup of water or juice, but I usually put it down to about 5 ounces.  I may have to start adding more liquid so I don't get any tooth enamel damage or esophageal issues.  Good luck!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I cannot drink mine in water.  It's too gross.  I need to do the shot and be done with it.  I follow it with an 8oz glass of water and 30 minutes later I brush my teeth.  I spoke to my dentist about it and he said that isn't going to cause a problem.  The amount I drink isn't a problem amount, especially when followed by water.

I also cannot find anything about esophageal issues other than it can burn your esophagus when drinking it, meaning it can burn the same way doing a shot of say tequila or vodka burns your esophagus when you do that.  Not that it causes permanent damage. 

The amount I take was on the suggestion of my Gastroenterologist because of stomach/acid reflux issues I have.

Honored Contributor

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar!

[ Edited ]

How to make Apple Cider Vinegar Toner

Ingredients
  • Distilled water
  • Apple cider vinegar
  • Spray bottle
Steps
  1. Pour 1 part Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar into a glass jar, bottle or container.
  2.  Add 2 parts distilled or filtered water.
  3.  Shake the bottle to combine the mixture.
  4.  Apply the toner to your freshly cleansed skin using a cotton ball or pad, avoiding the eye area.
  5.  Apply your usual, daily moisturizer after the apple cider vinegar toner has dried.

Experiment with the ratios of ACV to water and see what your skin likes and responds to the most. You will know when you find it. You can use a bit less than a 1:2 ratio,  You can also add some witch hazel, tea tree oil or lavender etc as well.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

I don't use ACV consistently the way I should BUT when I Do...I mix it with a liquid, say 4 oz and I use a STRAW that is the main thing.  I also rinse my mouth out with water afterwards and spit out the water.

I have heard it is great for HBP which I have, and DIAB. 

I have a small refrigerator at work and I bought a bottle to work and put it in my fridge.  I am trying to take it religously.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@emmysmom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Hi Emmysmom.   Yes...have him try it.  It takes awhile to work, but I think it is helping as I've been drinking it more regularly.  Just don't let him drink it full strength.   The recommended amount is actually one tbsp. to a full cup of water or juice, but I usually put it down to about 5 ounces.  I may have to start adding more liquid so I don't get any tooth enamel damage or esophageal issues.  Good luck!!

Thanks Win...good advice!

-- Mae West