Honored Contributor

Re: Apparently you cannot talk about irresponsible comments, POOF

On 4/9/2015 AuntG said:
On 4/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/9/2015 AuntG said:
On 4/8/2015 K9buddy said: Who cares who's monitoring the moderators? Do you think when you find out who monitors them that suddenly they are going to hire new monitors to make sure the boards are being monitored to your satisfaction? It amazes me how seriously some people take these forums. Really ridiculous waste of time,

True. People smoke, people drink and some worship the sun. Those might all be stupid things to do, but it is all perfectly legal.

I really don't think anyone is questioning the legality of tanning.

Sorry I didn't make my point more clear. Of course we aren't debating if tanning is legal because anyone with a brain knows it is. My point was that there are some things we just can't regulate so it becomes an individual decision.

Oh, okay. Yes, I totally agree. But I also think that a comment made to a huge audience should be a responsible one, not something that implies that sun exposure is ever a good idea.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

On 4/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/9/2015 AuntG said:
On 4/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/9/2015 AuntG said:
On 4/8/2015 K9buddy said: Who cares who's monitoring the moderators? Do you think when you find out who monitors them that suddenly they are going to hire new monitors to make sure the boards are being monitored to your satisfaction? It amazes me how seriously some people take these forums. Really ridiculous waste of time,

True. People smoke, people drink and some worship the sun. Those might all be stupid things to do, but it is all perfectly legal.

Sorry I didn't make my point more clear. Of course we aren't debating if tanning is legal because anyone with a brain knows it is. My point was that there are some things we just can't regulate so it becomes an individual decision.

Oh, okay. Yes, I totally agree. But I also think that a comment made to a huge audience should be a responsible one, not something that implies that sun exposure is ever a good idea.

IMHO I've always found it amazing that QVC allows us to post topics about stuff and beauty products that QVC does not sell. So I think we should all be grateful that QVC allows us to use their forum as they could discontinue it at any time. And sometimes some of these discussions that get extremely heated make me wonder why they didn't do that already as I'm sure that's a headache they really don't want to deal with. So can we all make a pac to agree to disagree civilly and politely? I'm not directing my comments to the above quotes, just to all of us who use BB as it is a resource that I would hate to loose. TIA.

Edited to add: I probably should not have added my comment to this thread as skin cancer is an important topic. I've had skin cancer removed twice now. Please all, use sunscreen!

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

I completely agree UMD. If people have a problem with these boards, they should leave or ignore threads they don't like. Instead, they blame the moderators. Guess they have a lot of free time on their hands to bother constantly complaining about the moderators,
Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 4/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/9/2015 AuntG said:
On 4/9/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/9/2015 AuntG said:

IMHO I've always found it amazing that QVC allows us to post topics about stuff and beauty products that QVC does not sell. So I think we should all be grateful that QVC allows us to use their forum as they could discontinue it at any time. And sometimes some of these discussions that get extremely heated make me wonder why they didn't do that already as I'm sure that's a headache they really don't want to deal with. So can we all make a pac to agree to disagree civilly and politely? I'm not directing my comments to the above quotes, just to all of us who use BB as it is a resource that I would hate to loose. TIA.

Edited to add: I probably should not have added my comment to this thread as skin cancer is an important topic. I've had skin cancer removed twice now. Please all, use sunscreen!

I would not worry in the least that QVC would shut these boards down. They started them and keep them for only one reason -- their bottom line. They make tons of money from these boards.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

I really like SK and I was very annoyed that she would say something so irresponsible. Unless she sits in the shade or covers herself in sunscreen from head to toe and limits her sun exposure a vacation week ""in the sun"" is so wrong. I had a skin cancer on my chest and had it removed. I now go twice a year to be checked. I had no clue the thing on my chest was even cancerous. It looked nothing like what I had been warned to look for. My doctor saw it and said hmmm that looks like a basal cell carcinoma. It was.
Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Bichongal1 said: I really like SK and I was very annoyed that she would say something so irresponsible. Unless she sits in the shade or covers herself in sunscreen from head to toe and limits her sun exposure a vacation week ""in the sun"" is so wrong. I had a skin cancer on my chest and had it removed. I now go twice a year to be checked. I had no clue the thing on my chest was even cancerous. It looked nothing like what I had been warned to look for. My doctor saw it and said hmmm that looks like a basal cell carcinoma. It was.

This is so crucial for people to know. The charts and the pics you see online are NOT representative of what a particular skin cancer can look like.

Super Contributor

wow they didn't poof this yet... cant believe it ,,,, we are allowed to make comments about a deadly form of cancer killing many a year how dare we

Honored Contributor

The moderators have redeemed themselves IMHO by allowing this second thread to stand.