Super Contributor

Re: Apparently you cannot talk about irresponsible comments, POOF

On 4/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

It was VERY important and most definitely not just another whine about a host.

Jinx!

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Jinx!

Where's my Coke?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

On 4/8/2015 jaxs mom said:

It wasn't that important, I saw it. It was just get another whine about a host. If it's the one I'm thinking of that was just posted. It wasn't worth replying to, so I didn't bother.

That's a bit harsh imo. I saw the original post (even responded to it) and what the host said was a bit irresponsible.....again imo.

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 4/8/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/8/2015 suzyQ3 said:

Jinx!

Where's my Coke?

In your fridge?

Respected Contributor

I agree, no sun exposure is responsible without sunscreen and clothing, especially those that have had any kind of skin cancer at any age. I watched skin cancer eat a hole in my great-grandmother's forehead and the nose off of her face before she passed. There was nothing that could be done in the early 80s. She was a sharecropper and didn't have sun screen at the turn of the century, nor for my grandmother coming up. You wear clothes, sunscreen, hats, and limit your exposure. Remember that you can get sun burned on cloudy days, so wear your sunscreen everyday!

Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2015 stray770 said: I have had skin cancer and not melanoma and no responsible dermatologist would tell you to spend a week in the sun. I don't consider that bashing...just correcting a statement

I agree. I'm fair skinned and have my birthday suit checked once a year. I always hear to avoid the sun from late morning 10:30 or so, until mid-afternoon (4pm) in the summertime and to always wear sunscreen.

No such thing as a healthy tan is what I've heard for years.

Honored Contributor

Oh...what bad advice. Who was the host? Use initials or hints if you don't want to say..
Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/8/2015 CrystalBlue1 said:
On 4/8/2015 Crisso said: Why not start a post about the subject, minus the host comments? I did not see the post.

a host last night made a comment she is a melanoma survivor and allows herself one vacation per year to worship the sun and the rest of the time it is self tanners. I thought that was an irresponsible comment. I am not host bashing just calling out someone making such an irresponsible comment to millions of viewers who might believe that is acceptable.

Ah. That was a rather irresponsible comment. Hopefully she uses a really high SPF. With this kind of a scare, how can a person not be much more cautious going forward?

I didn't read the deleted thread but I listened to the host. I also shook my head. Here's my take on it: that particular host says things that lead her the way of the explanation road. On her FB page she's been explaining how she can suddenly wear heels because while selling Vionic, she always tells us how horrible her feet are. So, what I do is realize it is this particular host and she gets away with saying whatever she wants, and then we all complain and the threads get deleted. I simply do NOT take her seriously anymore, about anything.

So, that all being said, it's just another irresponsible thing out of her mouth. But this time the consequences could quite literally be deadly if you listen to her. NO dermatologist will EVER tell you that you should allow yourself one vacation per year to 'worship' the sun and the rest of the time use self tanners because she is so addicted to being tan. NO worshipping the sun is allowed when she is not only a skin cancer survivor...she is a MELANOMA survivor! Melanoma is not only on the rise, but we all know how deadly it can be. So yes, extremely irresponsible.

But when it comes to this host saying something like that, it seems perfectly normal for her to say something perfectly foolish.

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 tigriss said:

I agree, no sun exposure is responsible without sunscreen and clothing, especially those that have had any kind of skin cancer at any age. I watched skin cancer eat a hole in my great-grandmother's forehead and the nose off of her face before she passed. There was nothing that could be done in the early 80s. She was a sharecropper and didn't have sun screen at the turn of the century, nor for my grandmother coming up. You wear clothes, sunscreen, hats, and limit your exposure. Remember that you can get sun burned on cloudy days, so wear your sunscreen everyday!

That must have been horrible for you to see her suffer like that, so visibly. I often say I wish kids would be required to view videos of what smoking, the sun, and driving under the influence can do not only to the person but also their families. Some of those new cigarette commercials blew me away. I never saw what was coming next and really took pause to think about the way these types of visuals would be viewed by kids...especially with their lives ahead of them, feeling so very invincible. Anyway, just look at what the sun is doing out west to get an idea of how very powerful it is.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 A Walker said:
On 4/8/2015 Crisso said:
On 4/8/2015 CrystalBlue1 said:
On 4/8/2015 Crisso said: Why not start a post about the subject, minus the host comments? I did not see the post.

a host last night made a comment she is a melanoma survivor and allows herself one vacation per year to worship the sun and the rest of the time it is self tanners. I thought that was an irresponsible comment. I am not host bashing just calling out someone making such an irresponsible comment to millions of viewers who might believe that is acceptable.

Ah. That was a rather irresponsible comment. Hopefully she uses a really high SPF. With this kind of a scare, how can a person not be much more cautious going forward?

I didn't read the deleted thread but I listened to the host. I also shook my head. Here's my take on it: that particular host says things that lead her the way of the explanation road. On her FB page she's been explaining how she can suddenly wear heels because while selling Vionic, she always tells us how horrible her feet are. So, what I do is realize it is this particular host and she gets away with saying whatever she wants, and then we all complain and the threads get deleted. I simply do NOT take her seriously anymore, about anything.

So, that all being said, it's just another irresponsible thing out of her mouth. But this time the consequences could quite literally be deadly if you listen to her. NO dermatologist will EVER tell you that you should allow yourself one vacation per year to 'worship' the sun and the rest of the time use self tanners because she is so addicted to being tan. NO worshipping the sun is allowed when she is not only a skin cancer survivor...she is a MELANOMA survivor! Melanoma is not only on the rise, but we all know how deadly it can be. So yes, extremely irresponsible.

But when it comes to this host saying something like that, it seems perfectly normal for her to say something perfectly foolish.

A Walker, I usually pretty much ignore host stuff and certainly don't appreciate bashing. But a few months back, I heard this one, while presenting some anti-theft wallet, say something to the effect of how, yes, and in Europe, you really have to look out for Gypsies.

Now, either she is ignorant of the fact that she slurred an ethnic group, or she doesn't care. Can you imagine if she had said some other ethnic, racial, or religious group? No matter...it was totally inappropriate.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland