Frequent Contributor

Re: Anything close to the look of Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat BUT...

On 1/12/2015 cpn2jxp said:

I have the PERFECT solution. Take clear polish, a top coat, and add red. One or 2 drops makes the most perfect pink. Actually just take the brush with some red on it and swirl it in clear polish. Plus you can customize it to the color you like. Its that easy. I have been doing it for years.

I had SH Hard as Nails hardener in the pink tint. After applying, there was really no 'pink tint'. It could pass for plain clear. Years ago, I remember you could see a distinct tint to it, but not now. Your idea here was perfect, and I never would have thought of doing it! I took a red nail polish and dipped the brush into it the Hard as Nails. I put some on, and the tint still wasn't dark enough for me. So, I kept adding and shaking it up until I got the 'pink tint' that I was happy with! Thanks for sharing this great idea and simple solution!

Frequent Contributor

Your all welcome. I had the same problem myself about 20 years ago. The best part is you can use inexpensive polish with this idea and THEN put your favorite clear over it. Glad I was able to help!

Super Contributor

Deborah Lippmann Tiny Dancer.