Respected Contributor

Anyone with dry menopausal skin ever use...

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel? It seems most people who buy it have oily skin and really like it. 

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone with dry menopausal skin ever use...

I don't have the same problem but I've always had dry skin.  I use A275052 - First Aid Beauty set of 2 Super Size Ultra.

I put it on right after I shower (lather it on).  It really helps my dry skin.  It doesn't have a smell (that I notice) then I use Philosophy lotion.

Respected Contributor

I have very dry post-menopausal skin, and in desperation this winter bought some of this and have used it every day on my face and it has helped quite a bit.  I also use my regular serum and moisturizer, but this added extra made a difference.

Honored Contributor

They make two versions, a regular and an extra dry skin version.

Years ago, Neutrogena sold a few products on QVC that they did not sell in stores. One was a retinol serum and the other was a gel-cream moisturizer that came in a blue jar and had Hydro in the name. I am pretty sure it was this one, so I can't be 100% sure because they didn't alter the formula since moving it to the drugstore market. I bought it back then and liked it very much. It was a LOT like Clinique Moisture Surge, so I'm basing the rest of my information on that similarity.

The regular may not be hydrating enough. It's a good summer moisturizer for me, but I need more in the winter. The Extra Dry may be better, as the Moisture Surge Intense is better for me in the winter. I like the Moisture Surge as a daytime moisturizer and sometimes mix some foundation into it and make my own tinted moisturizer. At night, I either needed to use a heavier moisturizer OR use a hydratinng serum like Josie Maran Argon Milk under the Moisture Surge Intense.

So I'd say look for the Extra Dry Skin version and give it a try. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got two samples of this Neutrogena product. One was the Hydro Boost water gel and the other the Hydro Boost gel-cream, which is made for dry skin, which I have.  I looked at the ingredients on both samples and thought it very interesting that the water gel has fragrance and other common irritants, but the gel-cream has no fragrance or other irritants. I only tried the gel-cream sample. It was nice, but nowhere near as nice as my normal moistuizer, which my dry skin loves, so after  I used up the sample, I never had a desire to buy the product.

Trusted Contributor

I have dry menopausal skin, and  use the dry skin formula of the Neutrogena Hydrogel. I really like it in the morning, under my foundation or CC cream. 

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue

I agree, it is a lot like Clinique Moisture Surge but for me even more hydrating.  I just got the Clinique Intense so that might work as well, but the Neutrogena is very soothing and absorbs quickly, works very well with my cream moisturizer on top.  I have it in the Extra Dry Skin version.

Honored Contributor

I love this stuff!  I bought the water based gel at my mother's suggestion.  The color is soothing, the aroma is so light and mood altering (if you enjoy those kinds of things <g>)  LOVE it!  But...I fairly certain it breaks out my face.  Bummer.  After giving my face a couple weeks to get back to normal, I tried it one more time.  A couple days later, I broke out again.  Now I just use it on my hands, along with Vit C and  hand lotion over that.  I bought the cream version not realizing it was fragrance free and not blue.  When I run out I'll go back to the water gel formula.  The fragrance free version works great, I just like the fragrance of the other Smiley Happy  And yes, I have dry menopausal skin.