Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone who purchased the last two Isomers TTV's

For those of you who have experienced dryness using Isomers, they addressed that issue on their forum...

We've had some recent comments/questions in regard to customers experiencing dryness when switching to Isomers products. We hope the information below helps you better understand why this is temporarily happening, and how you can solve it:

Isomers 101:
The more oily, heavy or anyhdrous products that you put on your skin the lazier your skin metabolic processes will become. You are basically teaching your skin to stop producing oil as it is always getting a signal that it is too oily. So if you have made your skin too “lazy” you can not just jump the process and change to Isomers. You need to change gradually.

Look at it this way: if you have always used your car and never walked your muscles are not in shape to go for an all day walk. So although walking is the right and healthy thing to do, if you suddenly stop driving and walk all day your muscles will be exhausted and unhappy. The same is true for your skin.

Reduce your oily, heavy, or anhydrous based products gradually to a minimum and you will see how happy your skin will be by the end of the process, and especially around your eye area. Serums and light products do not cause puffy eyes where oily, heavy and anhydrous products do. If you initially see more winkles under your eyes with light serums after switching from another product it is because light serums do not superficially clog your skin and make it puffy (suffocating your skin in the long run will make your skin look much older). The firming from Isomers products comes from retexturizing the skin, improving and supporting the collagen and elasticity not superficial plumping.

For the best transition, use a blend of half Isomers and half old product. Slowly increase the Isomers ratio each day/night until you are no longer needing the old product. Before you know it, your skin will be energized and performing properly for a healthier skin.
©isomers.ca
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Respected Contributor

I bought the eye duo and on my first try, I thought it was drying but it wasnt. I realized I just didnt see the moisture I was expecting. But then, I don't think it was suppose to be ultra moisturizing but tightening. I like it so far but not sure if it is a repurchase. I took a deep dive into Isomers the last 2 months and I am new to the line, so now I have brown bottles dominating. I have not had a adverse affect from any of the products so far, so that is good. I was almost going to send some products back but decided to keep it all. I am going to give this line a good try before deciding if anything is a repurchase or dud for me.

The only product I found drying was the Moisture Mask, believe it or not. But, I only tried it once and will experiment with it. It is too soon to tell. I have way too many isomers products at the moment but I would love to try Manuelas ckit. But, to add it in now would be crazy so I am glad this wasnt her upcoming tvv. Smiley Happy

Unless anyone is really having an adverse reaction to the products, I do think you have to give them a chance to do their thing.

Valued Contributor

The eye duo is great for under my eyes. I only use it once at night and just very little. If I have any left over, it goes above my upper lip. I tried using the eye duo on my eyelids and under the brow area, but I always woke up with very puffy eyes for some reason. I've been using Isomers eye serums for a long time, so I don't know why my lids get puffy with this serum combo. I use fast lift eye serum during the day. I don't have a problem with it balling up because I tend to wait a few minutes between each application.

The six piece set is o.k. I'm going to give it a bit more time. I may just alternate serums and use it in the morning, then use my retin a at night.

On both sets I set my auto delivery to 180 days.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the eye duo and have been using it day and night for about a week. The first time I applied the duo, I noticed was that when it dried it felt different than any eye cream I used before. I wasn't sure if it was drying, or if it was just the texture that I was not used to. I remember Manuela saying when presenting a product (I cannot remember which product) that a moisturizer does not have to be thick to be moisturizing. I decided to stick with the eye duo because I believe that it takes time to see results. So far, so good. Initially, my eye area did not look worse after using it. After a week, I think I am seeing a slight improvement. The area is smoother. When I smile, little lines appear, but they go away when I stop smiling. I am very happy about that and will continue using the duo until the bottles are empty. Hopefully, brightening will occur, too.

FYI: I played with how to apply it two or three times and decided that this is what works best for me. I place one tiny drop of the Immortal Eye Zone Booster and one pump of the Mesmer-Eyez Tightening Eye Formula in the palm of my hand and tap the two products together. Then, I tap the mixture on the entire eye area - lower eye lids, the outer corners of my eyes all the way across my temples and to my hairline, upper eye lids, and inner corners next to my nose.

HTH

Paws and enjoy life.
Regular Contributor

I bought the last TTV for the eyes and so far I really like it. No dryness yet and my makeup has been going on the same. It's not balling up at all.