Honored Contributor

Anyone using the slop on nail polish I saw advertised on TV the other day?

The ad was pretty amazing- you just paint it on all over your fingers, and after it dries on your nails, you wash your hands and whatever got on your skin is totally removed with plain soap and water.

I'd give it a try if I saw it in any of my local stores.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone using the slop on nail polish I saw advertised on TV the other day?

I saw it.   I wonder why you can slop on the nail polish but bottom & top coats are applied in the usual way?????

Honored Contributor

What's that old saying? "If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't".

Trusted Contributor

We have a local TV reporter, Steve Noviello, who tested this product as part of his "Deal or Dud" series. It was a dud. Steve is with Fox4 in Dallas-Ft. Worth. Perhaps you can find a clip on YouTube or the station's website.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't seen an ad, but it sounds to me like they took the spray nail paint out of the spray can so you can "slop" it on with a brush? Assuming it works on the same principle, you still have to apply base coat and top coat. 

My thought is that it's far better to practice, practice, practice so that you get the minimum possible amount of base coat, polish and top coat on your skin. Get a clean up brush and some 100% acetone and develop your clean up skills.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this product on a consumer segment of one of the morning news shows. The announcer went through the steps on air, and it didn't work well at all. When she washed her hands, a lot of the polish washed off.  It was a big mess and definitely got a thumbs down. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

@shoesnbags @Lucky Duck  Since both of you have seen the ad, is there now a version that you apply with a brush?

@Lucky Duck I think the top coat and base coat are what keeps the polish adhered to the nail.

As far as the spray can polish, lots of youtubers demonstrated it earlier in 2016 when Nails Inc was doing a pre-release promo. Pretty much what you'd expect if you took a can of spray paint and aimed it at your nails...light dusting of polish in the general area. Several also commented on the vapors released.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about you all but when I do my own nails I really never get polish on the skin. I keep the polish a smidge away from my cuticle and skin and I'm good to go! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Thanks Ladies! Pretty much what I was thinking!

Esteemed Contributor

@juperier I saw a consumer feature on the national morning news - so not an ad - but it was a spray on. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett