Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone using Aveda hair products?

I can't stand the smell of Aveda products.  Most of them anyway.  I want so badly to go into an Aveda salon near me, because the stylists are so good but the whole salon smells like sage, lavendar and mint or menthol.  AAACKKKK.  But, there products are good!  I don't have baby  fine, straight hair that to look greasy...but one of my GD's does, and they have a shampoo that she really loves. She has really hard to treat hair, and her hair looks clean, fuller and healthy.

I used to love cherry almond bark, but they discontinued it years ago.

Honored Contributor

I can't wait to get to my Aveda salon. It's heavenly to walk thru that door. The beautiful aromas. I love them all. I want them all. If you don't like pretty fragrances, maybe Philosophy makes a shampoo.

Respected Contributor

I have been using the shampure for the last year and not sure if I like it or not.  I do have dry hair but it feels like it makes it drier. Not sure.  I wouldnt hesitate on trying something else in the line though.  If I do buy from this line again, I will try the colour conserve line. 

Respected Contributor

I think I'm going to get the Scalp Benefits shampoo/conditioner, Dry Remedy conditioner, and phomollient. I use my husband's Invati shampoo once a week to exfoliate, but the Invati conditioner doesn't provide me with enough moisture so hopefully the Dry Remedy will work nicely after shampooing with Invati.
Valued Contributor

Just a few weeks ago, I switched from WEN back to Aveda.  I have found that any of the shampoos and conditioners are great.  The scents are great, too.

I have grey hair and the results I get with Aveda can't be beat, especially after getting scalp buildup from WEN.

One, can't go wrong with Aveda and going to their salons are a treat. 

The Adeva stylist are always continuing their skills and have ongoing educational seminars, etc.  They are always on top of their game.

I don't think anyone can go wrong with Aveda!!!!

Occasional Contributor

I have recently been using the Pure Abundance volumizing shampoo and I love it.  I have very fine, short hair that I try to wear sort of spiky but most shampoos make my hair too 'soft' to spike. This shampoo has been the best I have tried after it became so difficult to find the Ojon products I had been using.  Aveda products are very concentrated and it takes very little, so even tho the initial cost might seem a bit expensive, it really lasts a long time.

Honored Contributor

Any Aveda hair product with the exception of one, has an overwhelming smell to me that I cannot stand.  Plus, I didn't find they did anything for my hair.

The exception was the Color Conserve shampoo. The smell was more mild than in the other products and it really did seem to keep my color in longer.

I will also say that I thought Aveda color was far superior to any other that has been used on me.  I didn't have the problem with my hair turning gold and the highlights were always what I wanted.   

Honored Contributor

I love Aveda salons, I use the rosemary mint shampoo and the conditioner, as well as the phomollient styling foam, and firmata firm hold hair spray.

Honored Contributor

I've gone to an Aveda salon for many Years.  I love their hair color but not their shampoos or conditioners.

Honored Contributor

I paid over $100 for the thinning hair kit, huge waste of money, did nohting more than drugstore brands.