Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone use/try Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day serum?

@HappyDaze, have you used PC Vit C serum? If so, what did you think? I believe I used it (or a small sample of it), but don't remember my impressions. I'm currently using SkinActives, which has been fine, but I was actually looking at possibly another one. Do you know the percentage in DE? Hope you're having a good week!! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy it because of the name alone.  I think it is disrespectful to elephants--and people.  Too many other products out there to bother with it.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze, ah, I see that it's a pump dispenser.

@FUTURE, it's 15 percent.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@HappyDaze, have you used PC Vit C serum? If so, what did you think? I believe I used it (or a small sample of it), but don't remember my impressions. I'm currently using SkinActives, which has been fine, but I was actually looking at possibly another one. Do you know the percentage in DE? Hope you're having a good week!! Smiley Wink

@FUTURE Hi my friend! Smiley Happy Yes, I tried PC"s and didn't have any issues with it in terms EXCEPT that it crystalized around the top of the jar regardless of what I did. I don't like that. I know the dispenser is a dropper but suppose to somehow prevent air from getting into the jar but the crystalization made me wonder. It was a nice serum besides that- no irritation or anything. The % in DE is 15%, which, as you know, anything 20% or under is ideal % (anything more than 20% gives diminishing returns). HTH!

Trusted Contributor

Hi Happydaze.  I had been using isomers Vit C,  but after six months I didn't see a major improvement.  I used my holiday Sephora coupon on this. I used it about 2 months so far.  I use 1 or 2 pumps over my whole face and like Drythe, I add a few drops water and rub what's left on my hands.  My skin is a little firmer, brighter and overall better tone. I really like it.  Bad part- the price.  I will reorder  this definitely.  

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@FUTURE Hi my friend! Smiley Happy Yes, I tried PC"s and didn't have any issues with it in terms EXCEPT that it crystalized around the top of the jar regardless of what I did. I don't like that. I know the dispenser is a dropper but suppose to somehow prevent air from getting into the jar but the crystalization made me wonder. It was a nice serum besides that- no irritation or anything. The % in DE is 15%, which, as you know, anything 20% or under is ideal % (anything more than 20% gives diminishing returns). HTH!

Thank you (and @suzyQ3!) for your replies. I might just see which one has a discount when I'm buying, lol!! Or maybe get a sample from sephora next time I'm around there. 

Honored Contributor

@lrmuffin wrote:

Hi Happydaze.  I had been using isomers Vit C,  but after six months I didn't see a major improvement.  I used my holiday Sephora coupon on this. I used it about 2 months so far.  I use 1 or 2 pumps over my whole face and like Drythe, I add a few drops water and rub what's left on my hands.  My skin is a little firmer, brighter and overall better tone. I really like it.  Bad part- the price.  I will reorder  this definitely.  

@lrmuffin thank you for your feedback. It sounds like it works well and is lasting quite awhile, both great to hear. I am glad it is working well for you!

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I wouldn't buy it because of the name alone.  I think it is disrespectful to elephants--and people.  Too many other products out there to bother with it.

Have you read the story behind the name?

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze, just wondering whether you are having any problems or concerns with the current NCN formula?

just the dispenser issue. I am getting tired of transferring it into a better dispenser and the last one I feel changed colors quite quickly. It seems like she keeps changing her timeframe of how long it is good for too? I wish she'd go back to the pump she was using. I never had issues with it and it kept the serum perfect until I used it up.

She probably changed it to the dropper because there have been reports of forms of Vit C not playing nicely with the plastic pumps.  Sheesh, C is finicky stuff.  I rec'd a gram of oil soluble C for Christmas.  At $50 per gram I'm still researching to be sure I don't make a mistake formulating with it!  

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze, just wondering whether you are having any problems or concerns with the current NCN formula?

just the dispenser issue. I am getting tired of transferring it into a better dispenser and the last one I feel changed colors quite quickly. It seems like she keeps changing her timeframe of how long it is good for too? I wish she'd go back to the pump she was using. I never had issues with it and it kept the serum perfect until I used it up.

She probably changed it to the dropper because there have been reports of forms of Vit C not playing nicely with the plastic pumps.  Sheesh, C is finicky stuff.  I rec'd a gram of oil soluble C for Christmas.  At $50 per gram I'm still researching to be sure I don't make a mistake formulating with it!  

She had said initially it was because people were complaining about the pump leaking a little. I bought several during the time she had it with a pump and never had it leak. Later she also mentioned the part about the plastic pump interaction when I said I was going to start transferring the product to a pump dispenser because I don't like using the dropper.