Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use/try Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day serum?

NCN is $44 for 1.3 ounces; Drunk Elephanit is $80 for 1 ounce.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Pretty expensive- $80 per 1 oz- but some very nice ingredients in it, including ferulic acid. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and what their thoughts are. Also if it caused any irritation. TIA!

@HappyDaze

Hi,

I want to use these liquid types...used to and a pretty $ before seeing them on sales online and still high - and $$ meaning that they turn color and that I have read can be pro-oxidant at that point. SO I stay with Skinmedica C&E serum....it is a cone-type serum...not wild about that but using it many years and I'm pushing 60 with skin holding up well....of course with makeup on really well! haha!

I also dislike the name of this line lol! just doesn't ring well and would but a tried n true line out longer.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

I had gotten this in my Beauty DNA box about a year ago. It is a very nice serum. Smells and feels nice and I liked how my skin looked and felt while using it.

One thing I did not like was that it came out very fast from the pump. Its watery and I did not like wasting a drop. Too many times I had some running down the bottle. Maybe it was user error and my fault. This caused me to not repurchase, as its too costly to waste.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kathie66 wrote:

I had gotten this in my Beauty DNA box about a year ago. It is a very nice serum. Smells and feels nice and I liked how my skin looked and felt while using it.

One thing I did not like was that it came out very fast from the pump. Its watery and I did not like wasting a drop. Too many times I had some running down the bottle. Maybe it was user error and my fault. This caused me to not repurchase, as its too costly to waste.  

I think they addressed this issue.  I saw mention on their web page although I can not find it now - naturally.

At any rate I have the opposite experience.  From day one so it's not a matter of the product being old, I have some left on my palms after applying.  So much that I add a drop of water, and rub my hands together to move it to the backs (of hands).

Who knows?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Pretty expensive- $80 per 1 oz- but some very nice ingredients in it, including ferulic acid. I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and what their thoughts are. Also if it caused any irritation. TIA!

@HappyDaze

Hi,

I want to use these liquid types...used to and a pretty $ before seeing them on sales online and still high - and $$ meaning that they turn color and that I have read can be pro-oxidant at that point. SO I stay with Skinmedica C&E serum....it is a cone-type serum...not wild about that but using it many years and I'm pushing 60 with skin holding up well....of course with makeup on really well! haha!

I also dislike the name of this line lol! just doesn't ring well and would but a tried n true line out longer.

@mimi5775 thanks for your thoughts. I too do not like the name of this line but that never dissuades me from trying a product I am interested in, especially since the name doesn't mean anything negative, just is an odd name. It is packaged in an airtight container that doesn't allow it to be exposed to air or light so it will still good for alot longer than many other L-ascorbic serums that are in clear bottles, jars, tube or non-airtight pump dispensers. I am pretty confident the packaging will keep it from turning quickly, plus it contains ferulic acid which also helps to stabilize the product. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@kathie66 wrote:

I think they addressed this issue.  I saw mention on their web page although I can not find it now - naturally.

At any rate I have the opposite experience.  From day one so it's not a matter of the product being old, I have some left on my palms after applying.  So much that I add a drop of water, and rub my hands together to move it to the backs (of hands(.

Who knows?

@Drythe yes, they did address the issue so that shouldn't be a problem anymore. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 yes the pH is between 3.3 and 3.5 of this serum. Most of the scientific studies say that a pH of 3.5 or lower is ideal for Ascorbic acid topical products. Some even say 4.0 or lower but I'd err on the side of caution and be okay with 3.5 or lower. Regarding the price, it is quite a bit more but it would be $56 with 30% off so a bit more reasonable. I don't like the price but if it lasts a long time like NCN's does, I would be okay with that price. I haven't decided if I will try it yet- still researching- but it sounds nice.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze, just wondering whether you are having any problems or concerns with the current NCN formula?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@HappyDaze, just wondering whether you are having any problems or concerns with the current NCN formula?

just the dispenser issue. I am getting tired of transferring it into a better dispenser and the last one I feel changed colors quite quickly. It seems like she keeps changing her timeframe of how long it is good for too? I wish she'd go back to the pump she was using. I never had issues with it and it kept the serum perfect until I used it up.

Trusted Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@kathie66 wrote:

At any rate I have the opposite experience.  From day one so it's not a matter of the product being old, I have some left on my palms after applying.  So much that I add a drop of water, and rub my hands together to move it to the backs (of hands(.

Who knows?

Good to know they fixed the problem. I will certainly keep this in mind when purchasing a new serum, and give it another try. Thanks!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24