Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use/try Andalou Naturals roses SPF 30 for sensitive skin (the tinted version)?

On 7/30/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 7/30/2014 HappyDaze said:

Bella I use it on days I don't wear my Missha as basically a tinted moisturizer. It gives me enough coverage or if I want more coverage I will use something light over it like a dusting of Josie's matchmaker powder foundation. I've been switching it off with the Missha- I wear the Missha when I want that extra polished look. Smile

I use a good amount, like I would with a regular SPF so I make sure I get the SPF protection I want. I haven't used it under another foundation (except the JM powder one) so I can't really say how that would work. Like the Missha the color is a perfect match for me (I use the sheer nude). Even when I use that large of amount, the color always stays true, never gets too dark or odd looking like some tinted moisturizers or bb/cc creams do if you keep applying more. It has replaced my Paula's Choice super light tinted SPF moisturizer.

Hmmm. I know how much you liked the PC. You got me to try it and I like it a lot. Think I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this. Did I read you mentioned it is cheaper than the PC? I probably would not wear anything over it other than a dusting of LG BnB on my nose. I have an Andalou mask I like, pumpkin enzyme. Nice line. Have you tried anything else from them.

The PC is very nice but the price of the Andalou is cheaper and it gives me a bit more dewiness than the PC which is more matte finish. I just noticed after awhile that the PC one was kind of too matte, kind of like it was even taking away from the suppleness my skin has these days. I didn't work so hard to get that back in my skin only to have a product minimize it lol. I paid under $10 for the andalou at a 40% off sale at Whole Foods. You can get it everyday at iherb for about $15.96 for 2oz. PC's is $27 for 2oz.

I also use their Moroccan beauty oil. I bought this because it was 40% off and I really like the ingredients so I thought, why not. I really love it. I use it on my hair too because it is a pretty light oil. Most oils make my hair too oily looking.

Helianthus annuus (sunflower), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba), rosa canina (rosehip), punica granatum (pomegranate), vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry), camelina sativa, argania spinsosa (argan) and hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn) oils*, phytocelltec (alpine rose, malus domestsica, solar vitis) and bioactive 8 berry complex*, soothing complex: [hyaluronic acid, magnolia officinalis bark, phoenix dactylifera (date) leaf cell and boswellia serrata (boswellin) extracts], sorbitol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, tocopherol (vitamin E), aloe barbadensis extract, camellia sinensis (white tea) and aspalanthus linearis (rooibos)*†, citrus tangerina (tangerine) and pelargonium graveolens (rose geranium) oils*, rosa centifolia (rose) oil.

*Certified Organic

†Fair Trade

Oh yeah and I bought their Apricot cleansing milk. I like it pretty well but won't repurchase because I love my OLO cleansing oil so much.

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone use/try Andalou Naturals roses SPF 30 for sensitive skin (the tinted version)?

On 7/30/2014 BellaCarro said:

Just wanted to say that I've been using this for about 2 months now and have not had any issues with the rose scent. It does dissipate quickly.

How are you using it? For SPF? Moisturizer?

Bella I use a good amount and I apply my Missha over it. I have brown spots to cover. I can wear it with just some powder on top if I'm just hanging around the house.

Super Contributor

Just wanted to say that I've been using this for about 2 months now and have not had any issues with the rose scent. It does dissipate quickly.

I went ahead and ordered this (as well as the Devita) based on your referral. I'm looking forward to adding these to my moisturizing/sunscreen collection.

Super Contributor

On 7/30/2014 myshell624 said:

Wow. I clicked on this thinking what the heck. I thought HappyDaze already used this. LOL. I've been using it about a week and really like it too.

I thought she was already using it, too!! And I didn't notice the date and I thought "she knows myshell is using it, doesn't she?" See what you caused, myshell? More confusion for my already confused brain. :-)

Super Contributor

On 7/30/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Wow. I clicked on this thinking what the heck. I thought HappyDaze already used this. LOL. I've been using it about a week and really like it too.

I thought she was already using it, too!! And I didn't notice the date and I thought "she knows myshell is using it, doesn't she?" See what you caused, myshell? More confusion for my already confused brain. :-)

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I remembered it after I read my post. My daughter got sick the day I was planning on checking it out. Then, I kind of forgot about it till you sent me the BB to try.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I remembered it after I read my post. My daughter got sick the day I was planning on checking it out. Then, I kind of forgot about it till you sent me the BB to try.

I remember that day, too! I remember when your daughter was sick. I wouldn't have clicked on it because I hadn't heard of Andalou. I'm glad I found it in Whole Foods that day, otherwise I'd probably still be ignoring any threads or posts about it And I'm definitely going to try this one -- is the shade you got the lightest?

Super Contributor

On 7/30/2014 F1wild said:

I went ahead and ordered this (as well as the Devita) based on your referral. I'm looking forward to adding these to my moisturizing/sunscreen collection.

Good choices! Hope you're happy with them. Actually,, I hope we're both happy with the Devita! :-)

Honored Contributor

I remember that day, too! I remember when your daughter was sick. I wouldn't have clicked on it because I hadn't heard of Andalou. I'm glad I found it in Whole Foods that day, otherwise I'd probably still be ignoring any threads or posts about it And I'm definitely going to try this one -- is the shade you got the lightest?

Maren, you asked me about it too awhile back, do you not remember that? Or maybe I don't understand what you meant.

Super Contributor

Maren, you asked me about it too awhile back, do you not remember that? Or maybe I don't understand what you meant.

And I'm not understanding what you're asking me to clarity. Do you mean asking about the shade? If yes, then I vaguely remember discussing it (I think you told me I'd probably like it), but not sure if I asked (or if you said) it was the lightest one offered. If that's not what you're referring to, then huh? :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I use the Andalou moisturizer, rose scented. I have sensitive skin and love it! Will be trying other products in this line as I can. The sales assoc. suggested it for sensitive skin. Very happy!

Thinking about trying this tinted moisturizer!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West