Trusted Contributor

Anyone use the Serious Skin microcurrent face machine?

I have watched this thing for years, but it was expensive.

Tonight it is $99, which is a great price.

I am nervous though because the reviews on Amazon say that while it does work, but that it hurts. The electro current hurts your teeth if you have any metal fillings. Another said that she could only tolerate 11 minutes until she could not tolerate the current anymore.

So, ladies, if anyone uses it, does it really hurt? I think it is the same technology as the NuFace, but the NuFace is $200 - $300 bucks!

Thoughts?

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone use the Serious Skin microcurrent face machine?

I have used it several times and while there is a tingle I did not find it painful.  Some people have a low tolerance for any sort of discomfort.   They might have had it at too high a setting for them wanting faster results, just do what's comfortable for you.  After all you do have to the end of January to return it.

Trusted Contributor

@Hershey2 wrote:

I have used it several times and while there is a tingle I did not find it painful.  Some people have a low tolerance for any sort of discomfort.   They might have had it at too high a setting for them wanting faster results, just do what's comfortable for you.  After all you do have to the end of January to return it.

Same here, used it twice.  Don't like the feeling.  My mother was right.  lol

It's a pretty blue though Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I like it for lifting the face but not for the eye area which I use the facemater for.  Occasionally I do feel a twinge of pain in some tooth areas but no big deal for me.  If I lower the level it's fine but I get better results from a higher level.  What hurts is different for everyone and I wouldn't says it hurts nor is it intolerable for me.  If you think it's going to be intolerable then it usually will be so it's probably better for anyone who has a low tolerance for pain and even slight discomfort not to buy such devices. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ahhhhhhhhhhh..... what ladies will do for beauty

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I've used this device for years and find it relaxing. Start on level one and apply enough of the gel. Too little gel contributes to feeling the sensations. Apply gel as you need it because it dries out quickly. If you use enough gel and start with level one and stll feel it is uncomfortable this device is not for you.

After all the years of using it I still am not on level ten.  I like the results I get.