Honored Contributor

Anyone use the Coastal Scents eyeshadow Palettes?

Thoughts on the quality? I am especially interested in the Revealed 2 palette, which is a dupe to UD's naked 3 (at a fraction of the price and cruelty free).

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone use the Coastal Scents eyeshadow Palettes?

SOOOO funny you should ask this HD! I was thinking yesterday I need to tell you about Coastal Scents!

Over the holidays they had a 50% off sale so I made a bunch of my own palettes with the hot pots and empty magnetic palettes. A bunch of the ones I got were in the rose gold family, plus some basic neutrals. The shadows are very pigmented and great quality.

I've had my eye on the Revealed 2 palette but decided to make my own. Sign up for their emails because they have great sales every week, and those Revealed palettes come up on sale for half off often.

One of the large empty palettes I got... I was able to peel out the foam insert and create my own empty z-palette like container for other depotted shadows and blushes.

Honored Contributor

MissKylnn, thank you!! I'd love to make my own palette too, that is a great idea! I really respect your recommendations and opinions so I appreciate the information. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.wub} Right back at ya!

I think I spent a day looking up swatches online, there are some good bloggers out there with swatches of nearly every color. I also like that you can sort by finish (matte/satin/shimmer) and color family on their site, oh and that they have youtuber's video demos and reviews right there on the items... fabulous!

Let me see if I can copy over the one's I got from my order. Oh some of them you can use as blush too! I got several of the big empty palettes but I also got the quad, which has been fantastic for travel! I can just pop out 4 shades I want to take with me! Their brushes are great too, I got that huge 22 brush roll for like $17 and that's all I use now.

Super Contributor

Hot Pot - Chamois Nude

Hot Pot - Petal Peach

Hot Pot - Persian Peach

Hot Pot - Bronze Peach

Hot Pot - Mauve

Hot Pot - Pale Nude

Hot Pot - Antique Maroon

Hot Pot - Earth Rose

Hot Pot - Cinnamon Stone

Hot Pot - Amaretto

Hot Pot - Burnished Wine

Hot Pot - Victorian Pear

Hot Pot - Mai Tai

Hot Pot - Camel Taupe

Hot Pot - Cherry Moss

Hot Pot - Gypsy Green

Hot Pot - Golden Avocado

Those are the ones I got. I have hazel eyes so got 2 greens at the end of that list, and they are stunning! I will say that the images online are off a bit on my laptop from what they are in real life. Let me know if you have want more info/description from the ones I have?
I think you said you wanted more pinky tones? For sure you'll love Pale Nude, it's a matte pink with a very slight hint of a mauve under tone, tad darker than what you see above, but when swatched it's a beautiful pink, great blush too.
Mauve is a great rose gold, literally I'd say a perfect rose gold. In the pan I see super fine gold shimmers but they are nearly invisible when swatched.
Chamois Nude is the perfect matte skin tone color, I got 2 of this color and use it the most as a base over eye primer all over my lid, and even under eye to set concealer!
Honored Contributor

oooh pretty MissKlynn! I think all the colors you picked look beautiful and I would like most of them in my own palette, just not the earth rose or cinammon one because those colors make me look like I am ill. Smiley Sad Can I ask how much the palette with all those shades cost, roughly? The last two colors, do they go on lighter and do they retain the dimensional quality when you apply them? I love green/gold shadows but find when I apply them on me, they often just look kind of muddy and lose all that dimension. I've been trying to find ones that actually keep that pretty green/gold look.

Frequent Contributor

My younger DD and I had some palettes a couple of years ago. I just got rid of them. I guess they are ok for the price. Nothing special. I think you could find similar at the drug store. Maybe they have improved the quality in the last few years. We both really enjoy UD's Naked palettes and they seem to last a long time.
Super Contributor

I paid around $20 for the pots and the 28 piece empty palette together. They also have a 12 piece empty palette for even less. Keep in mind I got everything 50% off, so 17 hot pots @ $0.98 ea and the 28 palette for 4.98. They do have half off hot pot sales several times a year.

The two greens I have definitely lean more on the gold side with a green tint, with Gypsy Green having more green to it than Golden Avocado... but only slight. Golden Avocado is very golden. They both have great dimension in that the color shifts at different angles. Probably not what you want though, maybe not enough green.

My favorite green/gold is Tarte shadow stick in Moss Green, this is the perfect olive green with gold dimension. But I know your not OK with Tarte anymore Smiley Sad.

Super Contributor

Forest Eve and Kiwi Green look like pretty green/golds!

Forest Eve

Kiwi Green

Trusted Contributor

I think they are OK for the price and nice for beginners who want to play with color but nowhere near the quality of Lorac, Urban Decay, Tom Ford, etc. Considering how long shadows last, I now only buy higher end, but if you want a cheaper alternative my sister has told me she is loving markeup geek (youtube guru)! Absolutely amazing quality!