Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use signature Club A

She is a true legend in the beauty biz, A turns 80 in July. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tricolor wrote:

I only use her Meltdowns and love them. The scents are so beautiful and are not drying at all. Purists will jump all over me because there are parabens in this product but I have no issue with them.

@Tricolor  I also like her meltdowns, but they're very strong near my eyes. So  in recent years they were perfect for using around my hariline when I colored my hair. It kept the dye from staining my skin. But now with the pandemic, I stopped coloring my hair! 

I really like her powdered items- shadows, bronzers, powders- ones without mineral oil. They're few and far between currently. 

Her Candlelight Glow product is a 'go to' for me - it's the perfect highlighter for my brow and cheek bone. I also dab some on  my eyelids (instead of shadow). No petro or mineral oil  in that product! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I used her original Kalaidoscope years ago with the silk powder. When she changed her lines name it wasn't the same.  Now all I use is her hair touch up powder.

Honored Contributor

years ago I tried a few things when Adriane was on HSN all the time. I found the makeup very heavy... and nothing I tried was very good... most was thrown away. I did enjoy her presentations doing the models up on air... found it entertaining even though they looked a lot like corpses when done with way too much plastered on makeup.Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I used all of her makeup when she first came to hsn but its greasy and thick so not for long. I used all the capsules she sold but at the time I didn't really need them and didn't stick with them, I should have.

I do love her meltdowns. 

I never cared for the color of her lipsticks, I don't like the pinky purple colors and they all seem to be that.

I always felt she had work done on her face and that turned me off.

Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden Your comment about watching Adrienne's demonstrations made me think of how she seemed to roughly apply all her creams. I felt sorry for the models having to endure that. She would tug and pull the skin and I never understood why.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I have only ever purchased one thing from her line, and it was her Nerfetti Bronzer and it is fabulous! It is huge, I will never, ever use it up, the color is so pretty with just the right amount of shimmer......

Not sure why I have never purchased anything else, some of her lipsticks look pretty too, especially her mauve colored lippies.....

I also have the Nefertiti bronzer. Agree with everything you said about it. I sometimes use the various colors as eye shadow too

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

I used her original Kalaidoscope years ago with the silk powder. When she changed her lines name it wasn't the same.  Now all I use is her hair touch up powder.

@barrel racer 

I loved the original Kaleidoscope with silk. When It returned under the Signature Club A, it was such a difference, strictly dime store and BAD dime store. I did not trust any products of hers after that. I went to department stores and purchased all the silk Kaleidoscope I could find but never trusted Signature Club A and never purchased another thing of hers.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Tricolor wrote:

I only use her Meltdowns and love them. The scents are so beautiful and are not drying at all. Purists will jump all over me because there are parabens in this product but I have no issue with them.

@Tricolor  I also like her meltdowns, but they're very strong near my eyes. So  in recent years they were perfect for using around my hariline when I colored my hair. It kept the dye from staining my skin. But now with the pandemic, I stopped coloring my hair! 

I really like her powdered items- shadows, bronzers, powders- ones without mineral oil. They're few and far between currently. 

Her Candlelight Glow product is a 'go to' for me - it's the perfect highlighter for my brow and cheek bone. I also dab some on  my eyelids (instead of shadow). No petro or mineral oil  in that product! Woman Happy

Agree with you, @Ibby114 , about liking her meltdowns except around my eyes (even though my eyes aren't esp. sensitive to cleansers and makeup).  We can't be the only ones who complain about this, and yet A. always advertises the meltdown as gentle on the eyes. Buyer beware,

Respected Contributor

Adrienne was also the first in using argan oil in her products. This was years ago way before Josie Maran and every drug store had them.