Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use/like the SKINN 6x lip balms?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

So, I finally decided to order the trio even though I would prefer a tube/stick. And they are sold out! lol...

Next time. 

Evine does not have a version of a Wish List (QVC) or Favorites (HSN), do they? I really wish they had something like that. 

I know they sometimes offer to send an email when something comes back in stock but that is not what I mean.

darn I hate when that happens! I was really considering getting it but now that it is sold out, well that makes the decision for me. LIke you said, next time. It sounds like he is on alot so I am sure they will be back.

As far as I can tell, the closest thing Evine has to a Wish List is a "Save for Later" option.  You need to add your item(s) to your cart first, then go to the cart and select "Save for Later".  It's not the most convenient arrangement, but it will hold items in a group and list whether they're available or sold out.

HD - Assuming you still want to try them, if/when you ever see the 6x Balm Trio back up, you need to grab them.  They always seem to sell out during an event.  

I will do that next time. I do keep checking to see if some might come back in stock but probably SOL at this point. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Oh and does either the balms or serum sting at all? I don't like lip products that have that tingling or stinging feel. Thanks!

The balms are soothing and do not "sting", @HappyDaze  The serum, on the other hand, gives off a minty/menthol sensation when applied.  HTH's Smiley Happy

Oh yikes then the serum would be a complete no-go for me. That does help, thanks!

The original 6x serum has more of a bubble gum flavor.

Okay so now I am confused. The 6x serum has a bubble gum flavor so does that mean the PRO serum is the one that smells minty/menthol? I know it says the 6x lip balm has a bubble gum scent- is that what you meant JLF, or is it really the serum?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

JeanLouiseFinch wrote: 

Don't you mean the "balm", @JeanLouiseFinch  ?  Just don't want to confuse the OP. Smiley Wink

No, not the balms in the little discs/pots.  I'm talking about the Lip 6x Amplifying Serum in the pump bottle.

Oh oops I just asked a question trying to clarify this. So the actual amplyfing serum has the bubble gum scent? @Gokat is is the PRO serum that you think smells minty/menthol?

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I use the 3 minute lip party mask, then the 6X serum followed by the balm in the pot. I wish he would make the balms in a tube. I don't have his sugar scrub and won't order today as I've got a tube left from Fresh which does a great job.

So far, I ordered Dimitri's 6 Eyeliner sticks. I've been waiting to try these and hope they have staying power and I like them.

Would like to try his Radiance cream if it's ever offered in some kind of kit. Looking forward to Dimitri at 5 PM EST. I don't need anything but feel like I'm not "finished" yet. 8)

I saw those shadow sticks and wondered about them. I wonder how the color payoff is. When I saw a presentation on them, they didn't really show color swatches so I couldn't get a good feel for the colors.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

So, I finally decided to order the trio even though I would prefer a tube/stick. And they are sold out! lol...

Next time. 

Evine does not have a version of a Wish List (QVC) or Favorites (HSN), do they? I really wish they had something like that. 

I know they sometimes offer to send an email when something comes back in stock but that is not what I mean.

darn I hate when that happens! I was really considering getting it but now that it is sold out, well that makes the decision for me. LIke you said, next time. It sounds like he is on alot so I am sure they will be back.

As far as I can tell, the closest thing Evine has to a Wish List is a "Save for Later" option.  You need to add your item(s) to your cart first, then go to the cart and select "Save for Later".  It's not the most convenient arrangement, but it will hold items in a group and list whether they're available or sold out.

HD - Assuming you still want to try them, if/when you ever see the 6x Balm Trio back up, you need to grab them.  They always seem to sell out during an event.  

Yes, I have used Save for Later a few times. Then I forget I put anything there! lol... 

I spend a lot of time going through my list of ordered items (not just skincare), too. I like to read reviews on them and, a few of them, I would like to buy again or in another color. On HSN & The Q I keep purchased items in Favorites or Wish List. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

JeanLouiseFinch wrote: 

Don't you mean the "balm", @JeanLouiseFinch  ?  Just don't want to confuse the OP. Smiley Wink

No, not the balms in the little discs/pots.  I'm talking about the Lip 6x Amplifying Serum in the pump bottle.

Oh oops I just asked a question trying to clarify this. So the actual amplyfing serum has the bubble gum scent? @Gokat is is the PRO serum that you think smells minty/menthol?

Sorry, @HappyDaze, just saw this....

I've used both the original balm ( which I think smells like bubble gum and does not have the minty/menthol feel on my lips).  Also have the mango and boysenberry.

I've used the lip 6x serum since it was introduced years ago (as 3X).  IMO it has a minty/menthol feel on my lips when applied.  I've never related it to bubble gum taste-wise, but I use it at night and don't "lick" it so what do I know?!? Smiley Happy

PS...I haven't used the new Pro version as I see no reason here for my purposes. 

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

I looked on ebay for the individual balms and those fools want ~$20 for one! LOL, no thanks.Greedy little sellers, lol!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I looked on ebay for the individual balms and those fools want ~$20 for one! LOL, no thanks.Greedy little sellers, lol!

Lol!  Audacity at it's best with some of them, @HappyDaze

I'll bet some will show up for you after these shows are over.  Smiley Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Super Contributor

I got the trio awhile back.  My favorite is the Mango.  I might see if I can find a deal on eBay for it.  I still have some of the other two.  I don't know that I'd buy all three again.  There is another one that I like too.  It's got a slight pink tint to it.  I can't think of the name of it.  It came in a kit awhile back with a flavored lip scrub, lip 6x serum and some other stuff.  I'm really enjoying it for summer since it has a little color.  Ok, I think it just came to me.  I think it's called strawberry dacquiri???  

Honored Contributor

@myshell624 wrote:

I got the trio awhile back.  My favorite is the Mango.  I might see if I can find a deal on eBay for it.  I still have some of the other two.  I don't know that I'd buy all three again.  There is another one that I like too.  It's got a slight pink tint to it.  I can't think of the name of it.  It came in a kit awhile back with a flavored lip scrub, lip 6x serum and some other stuff.  I'm really enjoying it for summer since it has a little color.  Ok, I think it just came to me.  I think it's called strawberry dacquiri???  

Yes I saw one called strawberry daiquiri on Ebay but I'm not paying $20 for one which seems to be how much they are going for on Ebay. No way, especially knowing the trio was about $30, lol!