Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone use/like the SKINN 6x lip balms?

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

Oh and does either the balms or serum sting at all? I don't like lip products that have that tingling or stinging feel. Thanks!

Nope, no stinging - just that balmy, soothing feel with the balms.  The serum is a little thick and stickier than the balm.  I usually use it just at night (or sometimes over a lipstick), but the balms can be used as needed throughout the day.  The balms have a color in the pot, but the color doesn't really transfer.  The strawberry one from a former TTV does give a slight tint, but it's not an option in the trio.  There's also a Lip 6X Pro which is in a pump bottle, like the serum, only it's more of a cream and gives more of a soft or matte finish so it's easier to apply lipstick over it.  It's pretty nice too.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love the Lip 6x balms ( and lip 6x serum too!) I used carmex or vaseline for many years as I have suffered from dry, chapped lips and these formulas have given me the best lips of my life...that ingredient list someone printed was all 3 flavors combined...here is the one for just the original lip 6x balm ( the mango is my fave btw)

Lip 6X Balm: Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Bassia Latifolia (Mowrah) Seed Butter, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Extract, Pistacia Vera (Pistachio) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Beeswax, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Trihydroxystearin, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Cannabis Sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macademia) Nut Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Portulaca Pilosa Extract, Sucrose Cocoate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bidens Pilosa Extract, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Menthoxypropanediol, Vanillyl Butyl Ether, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Flavor, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850).

Never any stringing or burning for me...the balms are very soothing and the serum which I use at night is very hydrating! HTH's

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Oh and does either the balms or serum sting at all? I don't like lip products that have that tingling or stinging feel. Thanks!

Nope, no stinging - just that balmy, soothing feel.  The serum is a little thick and stickier than the balm.  I usually us it just at night (or sometimes over a lipstick), but the balms can be used as needed throughout the day.  The balms have a color in the pot, but the color doesn't really transfer.  The strawberry one from a former TTV does give a slight tint, but it's not an option in the trio.  There's also a Lip 6X Pro which is in a pump bottle, like the serum, only it's more of a cream and gives more of a matte finish so it's easier to apply lipstick over it.  It's pretty nice too.

Okay great! I don't like that sensation. I might get them just because I like little balms like that, especially if they smell good. I will look into the serum and pro. thanks!

Honored Contributor

okay I just saw this kit. How are his lip palettes? Are they creamy? Those lip colors look really pretty! I love pinks!

308-531- Skinn Cosmetics Lip 6X Serum, Insta-Fill for Lips & Hollywood Lip Palette Trio

Honored Contributor

@Krissy_1968thank you!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

okay I just saw this kit. How are his lip palettes? Are they creamy? Those lip colors look really pretty! I love pinks!

308-531- Skinn Cosmetics Lip 6X Serum, Insta-Fill for Lips & Hollywood Lip Palette Trio

I have three Skinn lip palettes.  I'd say they're more creamy than slippery.   I've never tried the Insta-Fill

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

I have not tried these. They look yummy, but the length of the ingredient deck is daunting!!!

LOL, that is the ingredient for all three colors! I highlighted the begining of the list for each color.

c0a28517_DuhSmiley.gif   I think I need more coffee!!!

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Krissy_1968thank you!

You are welcome! I have 3 of his lip palettes ( nude which is the one in that picture, tropical and velvet) they are cream lipsticks ( I just put one on to verify this lol)... creamy but not high shine or gloss...the nudes are pretty but I tend towards mauvey-pink and berry tones...the lip instafill is a temporary line filler for lines above and around the mouth and it takes some practice and playing with it to figure it out but it does help hide those pesky lines we tend to develop with maturity ( won't say age Smiley LOL) The lip 6x serum there is a HG and I am never without it, not for a single night! Good try me price with the OTO!

Honored Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Adelina wrote:

I have not tried these. They look yummy, but the length of the ingredient deck is daunting!!!

LOL, that is the ingredient for all three colors! I highlighted the begining of the list for each color.

c0a28517_DuhSmiley.gif   I think I need more coffee!!!

LOL no I did the same thing- it was confusing! But I noticed some of the same ingredients being repeated so that is why I started looking at it closer.

Did you buy them? I LOVE bubble gum scented lip products so I really want that one but perhaps I should get that once only set- a bit of everything. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinchthanks for the info. Do you like the lip palettes though?